Droid Posessed?

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
My OG droid is apparently possessed. Whenever I try to do anything from the swipe to unlock or type in my PIN it just freaks out and I can't do anything with it. It's been happening on and off for awhile and now it is totally unresponsive. Any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Take a thin piece of rigid plastic sheet (such as the stuff used to package products) and cut it to a corner, then drag that corner's point down along the edges of the display between the glass and black Aluminum bezel on all 4 sides of the glass. The plastic must be thin enough to get between the glass and bezel, but stiff enough to keep its shape as you wedge it in and pull it down along the glass. There are spots where it will stop as though it's hitting a post or something. You will need to gently pull it out a bit to get past the metal clips behind the glass.

You may find that the plastic pulls out a bit of gunk. These displays are notorious for acting possessed when food, finger oils, dirt, or water get between the glass and bezel. I've experienced this and the technique I described above fixed mine.

Last edited:
OP
ColdFusion71

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
Tried this, removed a fair amount of guff, unfortunately no better.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Next step...get isopropyl alcohol and wipe the screen, and especially concentrate on the edges again. There may still be some remaining gunk

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
ColdFusion71

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
Awesome it works now, just need to hold on for like... 9 months so I can leave Verizon.