Droid Overclocking needs RAM?

kennydied23

Reaction score
I just read a guide on another site that to have more stable overclocks is that you need to have a certain amount of RAM free. Is this true? Right now I'm able to overclock to 1.2ghz but it reboots sometimes if I do a processor/ram intensive task and I'd like to know if having more ram equals a stable overclock?

cpjr

Reaction score
I does help, but isnt the only contributing factor. 1.2 is a pretty heavy overclock on the droid, sounds like your doing pretty good. I cant overclock mine past 1.0 without major crashing on any rom or kernel.

OP
kennydied23

kennydied23

Reaction score
I does help, but isnt the only contributing factor. 1.2 is a pretty heavy overclock on the droid, sounds like your doing pretty good. I cant overclock mine past 1.0 without major crashing on any rom or kernel.

Hmm alright I'm getting somewhere. Is there a way I can a certain amount of ram free at all times? Like a script or something?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
consider the processor is set to run at 600; 1200 o/c is good.

cpjr

Reaction score
I know the Bugless roms include a script for doing just that. Dont know if you can just add it. But you have to remember running a memory intensive app for a duration will drain memory without the system being able to release it, and cause the same issue.

You can also try using a task manager (some people say they are bad, i think it all depends on having it set right).

But like I said before, your running a heavy overclock.

If you dont want any crashes and more stability, you need to lower the overclock.

Reaction score
Yeah i cant get mine to run stable @ 1.2. Ive been @ 1.1 but it still was alittle buggy so i run @ 1ghz right now. But really all you need is 800 and about 95% of the time your droid will not be laggy

OP
kennydied23

kennydied23

Reaction score
Yea I know I don't NEED 1.2ghz, but I like watching flash movies on my droid and the better o/c I have it isn't as choppy lol