Droid Otterbox

jrdbrn

Reaction score
I have a quick question. Is the Droid Otterbox the same as the Verizon snap on case?

I need a new case and really did not like the Verizon snap on plastic case.

JimmyD

Reaction score
They are two different products from two different manufacturers.

OP
J

jrdbrn

Reaction score
They are two different products from two different manufacturers.

captainobvious.jpg

Online, it looks exactly the same. Is it a plastic snap on case like Verizons?

spoooon

Reaction score
You asked: Is the Droid Otterbox the same as the Verizon snap on case?

He answered.

Besides, there are 2 or 3 freaking threads devoted to the Otterbox. Look in there. Lots of pictures and impressions.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Online, it looks exactly the same. Is it a plastic snap on case like Verizons?

captainobvious.jpg

Online it looks NOTHING like the Verizon case. If you simply look at the multiple threads with full reviews (some with VIDEO) of the Otterbox case, you will have you answer.

:icon_ nono2: Sheesh... By the way, you asked a simple question, and I provided the exact answer to your question.
Did you really expect me to realize that your question was poorly worded and that you were looking for a different answer?! Sorry, I can't read your mind.

Here you go... since you somehow can't see the many threads already in the Accessories forum, let me do the work for you...

>>>link>>> Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

>>>link>>> otterbox comuter case for droid drops

>>>link>>> Just got my Otterbox-some opinions

Oh... and by the way, did you ever think to look at the OTTERBOX WEBSITE which also shows you full specs and a pic of the case off of the phone?!

>>>link>>> DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case by Otterbox

>>>link>>> Otterbox PDF flyer showing exploded view of case

Sorry if my reply has some attitude, but I tried to provide you with some help despite the fact that you somehow overlooked the many Otterbox threads on the first page of this sub-forum, and you reply with an insult. Nevertheless, I still provided you with additional help in this reply.

:icon_ nono2: some peoples kids man... I just don't get it... :icon_ nono2:

Reaction score
Look on the accessories forum, but not they arent.

The otterbox has silicone port covers, silicone inner layer on the bottom half, etc. I think it's a little bit better quality. Many threads and reviews on the accessories forum.

Edit: Oops, this is the accessories forum.....

JimmyD

Reaction score
You asked: Is the Droid Otterbox the same as the Verizon snap on case?

He answered.

Besides, there are 2 or 3 freaking threads devoted to the Otterbox. Look in there. Lots of pictures and impressions.

Thank you. Agreed.

Look on the accessories forum, but not they arent.

The otterbox has silicone port covers, silicone inner layer on the bottom half, etc. I think it's a little bit better quality. Many threads and reviews on the accessories forum.

Thank you. Agreed.

jungajuice

Reaction score
JimmyD- Your attitude has something to be desired. There's no need to be hostile to the guy just for asking a question.

spooon- As far as the cases are concerned, I have owned both. I ordered the Verizon one when I first got my phone, and after two days, I threw it in the trash. It is made of cheap plastic, has sharp corners and does not like to stay on your Droid. After taking it off a few times to get my microSD card out, it would barely stay attached.

I bought the Otterbox case recently and have been very satisfied with it. It's made of quality materials and is rounded nicely it feels good in your pocket. It also has a silicon layer on the back snap-on part that has flaps for the headphone jack and power supply. It is a solidly built case and well worth the extra money you would pay for it. It also comes with a screen protector.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
After reading what y'all had to say I ordered my otterbox yesterday afternoon and it should arrive between friday and Tuesday and I'm super stoked! I hope it doesn't effect the slide action of the keyboard like my ridiculous body glove case did. Also did anyone who had a bg case find that it carved lines were it slid against thr phone on either side of the keyboard?