Droid On/Off Sound Gone

MrHollywood

Reaction score
So I go to turn my Droid off one day and I noticed it no longer says "Droiiid" anymore... I have changed no settings (phone notification set to "Droid" sound.) I have read up on it and they say it makes this sound when preparing and unpreparing SD Card.. Phone has gone through update (would that have kicked it out?) So anyhow when turning my Droid off it Vibrates but does nothing when turning it on... Help.

OP
M

MrHollywood

Reaction score
It is.. ill just wait for a real and reliable answer.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is.. ill just wait for a real and reliable answer.

Reliable?? I'm more reliable than it gets.

It has been removed in your recent update. I am almost positive that you won't be able to get it back, without rooting and making it happen yourself.

It's a simple sound. Tell me why it is a deal.

Sent from my Droid

fellings

Reaction score
I miss the Droid sound - I like it - that's the big deal for me. Why did it go away?

elnsie

Reaction score
Droid Sound With On Off

To think I went here because I want to get rid of this very annoying sound!

mymayo

Reaction score
Hello...for the "non-haters" ;) , I felt the same way about losing the "Droiid" sound when turning my cell on & off. Found a fix, go to Settings>Sounds>SD card notifications (keep scrolling up), and check it. Make sure that Droid is selected under Notification ringtone (Settings>Sounds>Notifications). And voila, welcome back! dancedroid
For the "haters", just uncheck the SD card notifications.

elnsie

Reaction score
After I downloaded ringtones from Mabilo, the annoying Droid sound stopped. Now can you tell me how to get the one ringtone I want to answer my phone for everyone other than assigned ringtones? Setting it as default ringtone didn't work