Droid on Metropcs, internet,mss was working now its not!

Mercurial

Reaction score
please help....

Ok nvm I found the files somewhere else.Like my COM for my phone in HW doesn't show up at all and same when I follow the steps into QPST.Like my phone isn't get recognized and I have the motoconnect.Stuck...:icon_eek:

krys

Reaction score
Okay, so the weirdest thing happened to me tonight. I guess the process of me doing all of the steps provided over and over again finally paid off. I got so upset not being able to get internet and mms to work on the Droid, so I transfered my number to another metro phone to use for the time being. I actually sold the metro phone i was using tonight, so I switched my service back to the Droid and now I'm able to get everything back up and running. 1X, MMS, Internet, the whole nine yards. I have no clue how it happened but, I really cant beleive it. Maybe the phone needed to be turned of off service, then turned back on to get the settings to stick. Try what I did and if it works for you then awesome, but if not then i will keep trying to make a fix going through the $SYS files on the phone.
dancedroid
Good Luck To All!!!!
hello cubano1027 i am considering trying your method,i have tried cloners method many times over and over, everything goes through successfully yet my internet and mms still dont work, i have a few questions, how exactly did you transfer your number to another phone? was it just calling metro and just asking them to switch it over? if so, i may try that or i have an idea that i might test first, my metro pcs bill is coming up on the 18th of November so i am considering not paying and having metro cut off my service, then once my service is cut off, go pay the bill, have service reinstated, and hopefully see internet and mms working. please get back to me, thank you :)

krys

Reaction score
Does this fix still work? Will it work with a stock droid 2.1? or 2.2? thanks :)

OP
C

cloner

Reaction score
It's still working for me. Every once in awhile the MSS and Internet stops working but all I do is power off my phone and power it back on and it works again.

krys

Reaction score
thanks, will it work with a stock droid? on 2.1 or 2.2? unrooted and all

vigorous

Reaction score
Try this. Instead of reading the data from the phone, go to start,all programs, QPST and click service programming. When the screen pops up press ok, then go straight to the PPP tab. Now set the AN & UM settings to the MSL and write the phone. It's worth a shot. If anyone gets their phone to work a thank you would be nice. It's sad to see only the people who are having problems.

I tried what you suggested,i went straight to PPP tab, set the AN&UM settings to my MSL, clicked write to the phone and i got this "Roaming list request time out" or sometimes "the phone has stopped responding to read/write commands"

Hello Krys,
Make sure to check off "NVT Enabled" under the "Settings" tab in HW Virtual Serial Port. Cloner's instructions worked fine for my phone except "NVT Enabled" must be disabled in order to read and write...

000000 did not activate internet on my phone...i have to use mls number
you are absolutely right,it works.Thank you very much!

cubano1027

Reaction score
hello cubano1027 i am considering trying your method,i have tried cloners method many times over and over, everything goes through successfully yet my internet and mms still dont work, i have a few questions, how exactly did you transfer your number to another phone? was it just calling metro and just asking them to switch it over? if so, i may try that or i have an idea that i might test first, my metro pcs bill is coming up on the 18th of November so i am considering not paying and having metro cut off my service, then once my service is cut off, go pay the bill, have service reinstated, and hopefully see internet and mms working. please get back to me, thank you :)
I just swapped esns on the account to another phon(dialed *228 from another metro phone and went through the whole programing process). I'm starting to think that it might not be that much of a fix but u can try it anyways if you have a spare Metro phone lying around. I have done about 50 droids now and all have worked perfect since. I noticed in a few, I had to wipe data/cache and re-flash the rom and start from the begining with writing the NV items back on the phone to get 1X. If u miss astep, use a different method, anything off track; it will not work. Trust me, you have to do everything to the "T". I had to do it again on mine as well because I went to Froyo 2.2 and currently using Bugless Beasts newest rom which is amazing compared to the smoked glass rom I had originally on 2.1. If you have any questions feel free to ask and if needed ill give you my email or something and can walk you through it.

BrandonDuvall88

Reaction score
what is akey
or vocoder....
i just found out about this what r some cool things i can do?

Jumpcore

Reaction score
I have a problem where everything works except when I use web service from metro pcs it doesn't load. I tried the battery trick but to no luck

aliciacya

Reaction score
Noobie here

Hello all,
I am a noobie,:icon_ banana: I have a Droid 2 and it is already flashed to metropcs, I can talk and text but It is not fully flashed I do not have internet access, mms, etc. I paid someone to flash the phone but at that time metro was changing their system so they weren't able to set me up for the internet. I have gone 2 months with out internet, (using wifi) Now I see that everything is good with internet access now so I called him and he told me 100.00 more to get internet access, I feel that I can do it myself, I used to tweak my Windows Motorola 9c all the time...so my question to you is... what is the best tutorial for a droid 2 ive googled....and since it is already on the network, in the tutorial where do I begin? I tried starting at the QPST but it is not recognizing my phone...any help would be appreciated.

jijizworld

Reaction score
New Droid A855

I am so excited!! Ihave my new droid. I boguht my daughter one for her birthday and she loved and so did I . I love it so much I had to buy me one. I am currently going thru the threads to see if any of the settings will work to get the internet on. My question is How do I get the MSL Password?

Thank you so much!!

There are so man geniuses on this site. dancedroid

jijizworld

Reaction score
I hope they help us...:icon_eek:

Hello all,
I am a noobie,:icon_ banana: I have a Droid 2 and it is already flashed to metropcs, I can talk and text but It is not fully flashed I do not have internet access, mms, etc. I paid someone to flash the phone but at that time metro was changing their system so they weren't able to set me up for the internet. I have gone 2 months with out internet, (using wifi) Now I see that everything is good with internet access now so I called him and he told me 100.00 more to get internet access, I feel that I can do it myself, I used to tweak my Windows Motorola 9c all the time...so my question to you is... what is the best tutorial for a droid 2 ive googled....and since it is already on the network, in the tutorial where do I begin? I tried starting at the QPST but it is not recognizing my phone...any help would be appreciated.