Droid on Metropcs, internet,mss was working now its not!

littleguy

Reaction score
I have been trying for the last few days to get my MMS and Internet back working
Still no results Im running Bugless Beast v0.5 froyo 2.2

My internet settings is
Name: Metropcs
APN: Internet
Proxy: Wap.metropcs.net:3128
Port: 3128
Username: mynumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: 000000
Server: wap.metropcs.net
MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
MMS port: 3128
MCC: 310
MCN: 004

Can someone please help me

Have you tried MSL number for your password?

Mercurial

Reaction score
Your doing it wrong. I finally figured out how to get the internet,mss working.
Here's how you do it on an a regular Droid flashed to metropcs. This should work on other phones as well I just don't know how to work the settings on other phones.

Download this with all the files you need: http://rapidshare.com/files/425345669/Droid_internet_mss_fix.rar
Turn off wifi on your phone.
Take your SD card out of your phone.
Download HW virtual Serial Port.
Download QPST
Install the moto drivers

Go to Android - whiterabbit.org and put in your MEID/ESN.
Now press calculate. You'll get a 6 digit code, which is your MSL number.

On your phone go to the dial pad and press ##program then enter SPC 000000 Now change your SPC to your MSL number.

Now go to the voice dialer app on your phone and say," OPEN APN" Now go to PASSWORD and change that to your MSL number.

Turn off your phone or take out the battery. Hold down the "T" button, Now turn it back on.

Plug your Droid into the computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port.

Make sure you have motoconnect drivers before you continue.

In HWVS first login and set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port you wish or the one it finds. use and click Create COM.

Open QPST configuration and go to IP server tab. Select Use specified IP address and put in 192.168.16.2 port tab. Now go to ports and click Add New Port. Now select a port till you get one that shows your phone. When it works you'll see COM3 Enabled COM3 SURFQSC6055 (NAND... I'm using COM3 as an example because that's the port on my computer.

Now go to Start Clients, click it and go to SERVICE PROGRAMMING and click that.

Next you'll get a screen that says" Phone selection" press ok. Now wait for a screen that says,"SURFQSC6055 (NAND), online it may take 10 or 20 seconds for the screen to show up.

Now on this screen find the right arrow and click till you see a tab that says 1x/HDR Security. Click the tab that says" read from phone". Now it will say Enter service programming code. Now enter your 6 digit MSL to unlock it. Press ok and wait till it finishes reading your phone.

Now go to the PPP Config tab. Click UM and go to password and put in your 6 digit MSL. Now click AN and go to password and put in your 6 digit MSL.

Now click WRITE TO PHONE tab and your done. Your phone will reset and you can now click off the programs.

Your MSS and Internet will now be working again!

Do we HAVE to do all of this btw??lol.

cubano1027

Reaction score
I got my mms back up and running with these instruction but what about my internet

You were able to actually WRITE TO THE PHONE. Wish I can atleast get MMS to work. I'm glad to hear someone's making progress here. I've still been hassling with this phone and have yet to get results. Maybe I should just sell this phone as is and buy one that's easier to tinker with.lol

Chipmunk-71

Reaction score
I have tried everything to get the phone seen by HW virtual serial port.. It wont work for me... :(

How do you know if holding "T" when booting is working?? mine doesn't boot any different..

Also If I have my memorycard out the phone will just keep loop booting....

Ditto...

Holding "T" it boots up the same as regular. Asks to mount to the computer and brings up the Motorola Media Link. However the phone won't show up in HW.
Without the SD card, it results in a continuous boot loop.

Any suggestions?

PS - the original instructions suggest downloading a rar file from rapidshare, however rapidshare says the file no longer exists.

cubano1027

Reaction score
I have tried everything to get the phone seen by HW virtual serial port.. It wont work for me... :(

How do you know if holding "T" when booting is working?? mine doesn't boot any different..

Also If I have my memorycard out the phone will just keep loop booting....

Ditto...

Holding "T" it boots up the same as regular. Asks to mount to the computer and brings up the Motorola Media Link. However the phone won't show up in HW.
Without the SD card, it results in a continuous boot loop.

Any suggestions?

PS - the original instructions suggest downloading a rar file from rapidshare, however rapidshare says the file no longer exists.

You don't "Mount" the sd card if your plugged into the computer.
If you go into Settings/Applications/Development on the phone and enable "USB Debugging"(check the box) you should see a message pop up(MotoConnect) saying that a phone is connected.
Power off your phone after enabling "USB Debugging"
Hold down the letter "T" on the keyboard and then the power button(it will boot like normal but it will then be in "Diag Mode")
Plug your phone into the computer and you will see the pop up from MotoConnect saying something like "Motorola Phone Detected"
Then you will be able to follow the steps provided for HW Virtual Serial and make sure while in HW Virtual Serial to uncheck NVT Enabling because you will get error messages if not saying that your lan connection is no good for the port your trying to make.
Hope I helped you out and you can get it working.
I tried usings Windows 7 to get everything to work but, gave up and used Windows XP(it was alot easier)....
And the zip file contained QPST, the drivers for 32 bit version of windows needed to connect the phone and the HW Virtual Serial program that can easily be found by searching the web...Google is the sh*t.

Chipmunk-71

Reaction score
Thank you cubano. Now I am stuck again (perhaps I am just in need of sleep, so I will try that now and get back to this tomorrow, but here is my new situation in case someone can shed some light on my dilemma and save me from ripping hair out of my head). :)

I did get it to connect finally, I was actually just having the LAN connection problem, but now once I get past the HW's error and finally get it to connect properly, I get in QPST, and don't have an "IP server" tab or anywhere to specify using a specified IP. So skipping that, I add the port (it does recognize the phone), then go into Service Programming and it shows the phone. Once I click "OK" it displays an error message stating:

"Online Connection Failure:
Phone Model PT-Surf6300-zrf6300-NAND not supported"

My phone is a Moto Droid (1) running AdamZ enhanced 2.0.1. It has been on Metro for many months working fine, so I'm not sure what is wrong. In the service programming screen where you select the phone, it states my phone number, but it doesn't show my actual telephone number, it shows my MIN, which I assume is what it's supposed to show, but other than that I don't have a clue why it won't connect. Everything seems alright otherwise.

Not sure if that's still related to not specifying the IP server, but any insight here is again greatly appreciated! Please? Thanks!

Chipmunk-71

Reaction score
Oh, and in case its the program, I am using QPST 2.7 build 264. Didn't even check to see if there is another version...

cubano1027

Reaction score
Oh, and in case its the program, I am using QPST 2.7 build 264. Didn't even check to see if there is another version...

No problem, thats what this forum's SUPPOSED to be for "wink wink"

Use build 323....QPST 2.7 build 323, I had the same problem too. had me going nuts also:icon_eek:

gongui

Reaction score
I have tried everything here and nothing, i cant get 1x logo and up and down arrows on my notification bar. Running 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.5

How do I get back 1x ?????

cubano1027

Reaction score
I have tried everything here and nothing, i cant get 1x logo and up and down arrows on my notification bar. Running 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.5

How do I get back 1x ?????

Apparently its a hit or miss kind of thing until someone figures out how to actually get it to work. Personally, I think since Metro is upgrading their network its gonna be harder to acce
ss their data partitions on a non-metro branded phone. I've been trying to figure out a way to change the $SYS files on the phone to possibly get everything to stick instead of reverting back to default when you use QPST. I will keep everyone updated on my progress, but as of right now I haven't accomplished nothing major

cubano1027

Reaction score
Okay, so the weirdest thing happened to me tonight. I guess the process of me doing all of the steps provided over and over again finally paid off. I got so upset not being able to get internet and mms to work on the Droid, so I transfered my number to another metro phone to use for the time being. I actually sold the metro phone i was using tonight, so I switched my service back to the Droid and now I'm able to get everything back up and running. 1X, MMS, Internet, the whole nine yards. I have no clue how it happened but, I really cant beleive it. Maybe the phone needed to be turned of off service, then turned back on to get the settings to stick. Try what I did and if it works for you then awesome, but if not then i will keep trying to make a fix going through the $SYS files on the phone.
dancedroid
Good Luck To All!!!!

Chipmunk-71

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I did get internet back working on the 1x network. :)

Now my problem is ever since flashing the phone to metro I haven't had any type of success sending mms messages. I can receive them fine (by turning off wifi, I use handcent), but sending is not working either way, wifi status nor messaging app seem to make any difference. Any suggestions on settings to check? I've seen another thread with this problem, but nobody ever responded).

For the record, I did send one message about a month ago that was received over a week later, but other than that nothing ever works.

Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this. Please?! Lol

Sent from my Droid (AdamZ Enhanced) using DroidForums App

Chipmunk-71

Reaction score
Oh, and I do not have any parenthesis in my contacts, nor do I get any error messages. The working/sending icon just sits and spins constantly. In my undelivered messages it just shows an envelope with a red clock. Hopefully I'm not forgetting any other details.