Droid on FIRE (not really, but hot!)

nygh

Reaction score
I used to play music on my droid at work for at least five hours a day, and the battery would last til quitting time. Now I barely can last til noon.

Additionally, the phone gets really hot (close to 120F...Im rooted running Adamz Smoked Glass Rom 6.0)

I recently installed '3' cube music player and nemo player. Beyond that, I'm not so sure what could be having the adverse effect. Any ideas?

bomber889

Reaction score
Maybe the different music players are running a lot of battery. Try using the stock music player and see the difference.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
check and see if the phone is rommed to be overclocked...if it is, drop your Clocking speed down. Other then that I would recommend not using your music player for a few days and see if it still manages to heat up.

xliderider

Reaction score
Can your rom use a low voltage kernel? I'm running a low voltage kernel on jrummy's cyanogenmod/koush rom, and temps are lower on a low voltage kernel for sure.

xliderider

Reaction score
Also, I use SetCPU to toggle my CPU back down to 550 when I'm using Google navigation and playing games, so basically when I don't need all that CPU power or when the phone tends to heat up. You might want to throttle down when you se the music player.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
if your using SetCPU, it has profiles which has an option for lowering the cpu to a set speed if the temp exceeds a certain degree, so feel free to try that :p