Droid not sending complete text message

mjk

Reaction score
For the past week or so, my Droid has not been sending the complete text that I type out. It will show the entire message that I typed on my phone, but my buddy only gets about half of what I type. And it's no where near 160 characters, so that's not it.

I have recently installed Handcent and Swype onto my Droid. I would say that that's about when I started having the issues. I have since unistalled these programs to see if it helps.

Anyone else have any issue similar to this? Or any ideas as to what may have caused them?

OP
M

mjk

Reaction score
Giving this a Monday bump :bump:

:)

Mongoose

Reaction score
Yes...I think it is a Swype issue. I don't have Handcent. I have been experiencing it mostly with longer messages and it just started when I installed Swype a couple days ago. I also think that if it were a Handcent issue it would have surfaced well before this. I am not going to uninstall Swype because I really like it...but on important SMS messages I will probably use the Android keyboard.

The real question here is ..Why is it happening ?? :icon_ devil:

filmcricket

Reaction score
I too thought I was having some sort of conflict between the Droid Incredible Message app and Handcent. I get 2 separate issues:

1. I get messages delivered twice in a row, at random times, and

2. sometimes- not every time- when I get a long text, I receive half of that text, but right in the middle of it, it will switch to lines from a text I had received in the past (sometimes from texts I got days before). So, the message will start off with lines from the new text but will end with several lines from some random older text and the last half of the new text has disappeared.

Mongoose

Reaction score
@ filmcricket....I'm still running my Droid. I know exactly what you are talking about. I uninstalled Swype and went back to the OEM messaging system and Handcent and had no problems for several months. About 5 days ago I downloaded a Swype Beta which has performed flawlessly thus far. Got it from the Swype website.

I did receive the occasional dual message but I believe that is a VZN server issue and has little, if anything, to do with the phones.

How do you like the Incredible. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and it was actually supposed to ship yesterday. I haven't heard from VZN yet so I suppose I ought to call.

I dont know if this actually helps you much...but if nothing else, know that you aren't alone. I never did find an answer to the issue except to uninstall Swype and go back to OEM. BTW..Shapewriter performed flawlessly...but it's hard for me to use. I still have it on the phone.