Droid not opening AMR files sent from Blackberry

Bpcarlson

Reaction score
I am receiving voice messages from a buddy's Blackberry, but I can't open them. Don't even get the Preview button. I can create AMR on my own phone and send them to me and get the preview. Can't find this particular issue anywhere! The BB only gives the option to create the file. I can open the AMR file though on my personal computer. Also, I do show the file name and extension.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am receiving voice messages from a buddy's Blackberry, but I can't open them. Don't even get the Preview button. I can create AMR on my own phone and send them to me and get the preview. Can't find this particular issue anywhere! The BB only gives the option to create the file. I can open the AMR file though on my personal computer. Also, I do show the file name and extension.

Thanks!

DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Tech Specs - Motorola, Inc. USA

This is a list of supported audio files for the Droid. I see AMR listed in tow different versions.

With 2.2 coming out some files previously offered such as .wav no longer play on the Droid. I'm not sure that AMR is also affected by this.

Edit: I found an app that will convert these files to MP3 or AAC called video player in the Market.

Your best bet for right now as a test is to convert the file to mp3 and then see if it plays with the Droid. It should. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bpcarlson

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I can covert them to MP3s then back to the Droid, but what I was hoping is to not to have to interface with the PC. I can send to my Droid a AMR file I create on it and play it, as well as e-mail me that same file (AMR) and it gives the preview and lets me play. Strange!