Droid Music Player and Playlist Trouble

cariel

Reaction score
With the Droid 1, I had no trouble adding songs to playlists, but with the Droid 4, it takes FOREVER to save and sometimes I have to go back and re-add songs for it to stay in the playlist. It's very frustrating. I've looked all over these forums, but all of the playlist questions haven't been answered. What is the deal with the playlists?

I also can't figure out how to add/remove songs to and from droid playlists on my computer (Windows 7). I wasn't able to do it with my old droid either (aside from just creating and editing the playlist on my computer and then drag-drop to my phone. I want to be able to work with sync, but my wmp refuses to allow me to sync.

I want to still be able to use the stock music app on my phone, so I'm hoping someone out there will know how to fix the problem with playlists.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

(My droid is NOT rooted and I have no desire to root it)

OP
C

cariel

Reaction score
Solved

OK, I tried several different free apps to see if any of them would allow me to do as I posted above.

My solution: 1) Downloaded the original Android Music Player (the old school one from Droid 1)
2) Downloaded WinAmp
3) Downloaded Playlist Backup

The only player that would allow me to rearrange my playlist was WinAmp. I use it for created and reordering playlists and use the stock music player app for playing songs.

To backup playlists, I use Playlist Backup which I can import/export playlists to/from my computer. After you have a playlist on your sd card, you have to rename the files and change the .txt file to a .m3u, but then it opens perfectly in wmp. Directions for that: kundaistreet: Export Android Created Playlists To PC

If anyone has other ideas/suggestions/solutions, please post them below. :happy3:

Syko

Reaction score
Try GoneMAD music player:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...er#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiZ29uZW1hZC5nbW1wIl0.

Tons of features including:

-Save/Load playlists or create playlists on the fly
-Supports m3u, pls and wpl playlist file formats
-Edit playlists with an easy to use drag and drop interface
-2 Shuffle modes: Shuffle Playlist and Shuffle Collection
-Custom actions on playlist completion: Stop, Play Random, Loop Playlist, Play Random Album, Play Rest of Album, Play Next Folder, Play Next File