Droid minamally wet; Camera/LED set dead

h1zodge

Reaction score
Earlier today, a drip of water from a tipped over McDonalds water cup spilled on my droid and got inside my protective case by the camera. I took the phone apart layed it upon a towel and slept 4hours before going to work. Once at work, I found the camera will not function! The stock camera, DroidLight, Google Goggles, and FxCamera fail to activate the camera and leave me with a blank screen (DroidLight just turns on the LEDs when it works, it just gives me the control screen now and doesn't do a thing when I tap the screen)

EVERYTHING else functions just as It did.

I bought this phone without a contract from a friend (it was in excellent condition), so I can not turn to verizon for aid.I'm quite mad my free water ruined the favorite part of my notsofreeandactuallyquiteexpensive cellular device.

Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Ahh. I was chit-chatting with a Verizon worker the other day and he mentioned that. Any water that touches that part fries it. Not much you can do unless you think you can get a Motorola warantee replacement. If the water activation stickers have turned red (they're the little red X's behind on the corner of your battery and by the SD Card) Also, if you're within your 30day contract, you can get a new one for a restocking fee of 35 dollars. Sorry I'm not much good news, but at least everything else works!

OP
H

h1zodge

Reaction score
Crap. I thought that would be the case. And just my luck, yes my water activator has tripped and went from white with a red x to plain red.

Well, this is bad. Looks like I'll have to find an OEM camera assembly and replace it sometime.