Droid Location App

duckman82

Reaction score
I know this question may have been answered elsewhere in this forum but I have yet to find it. I was hoping someone could tell me the name of the app that was featured in the droid commercial that tracks your phone if it is lost or stolen. I just made the switch from the iPhone to Droid and am loving the new OS but I want to make sure I can get my phone back to me in the event that it goes missing. Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think lookout has that feature but I've heard some people say that the location isn't super accurate.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rickt1152

Reaction score
PhoneLocator is also a good app for this purpose. Available in market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think lookout has that feature but I've heard some people say that the location isn't super accurate.
It should be as accurate as whatever is the most accurate method of locating your device that is enabled. In other words, if you disable GPS then it won't have GPS accuracy.

Or are you alleging that the app adds inaccuracy somehow?

Meredith

Reaction score
I have the City ID app.
Someone called me from a spoofed number, claiming they were calling from New York, but my Caller ID displayed a different location (including an area code) from Orlando, FL.
This same person called me claiming they were using a calling card, however my ID showed their location was displayed as being in Tampa, FL. Where he lives.

b_salgado

Reaction score
I use lookout. You can test the accuracy yourself by logging into your Lookout account from your computer. It will show you where your phone is. Recently, there was a guy whos car was stolen. His phone was in the car and he had Lookout on it. He called the police and logged into his Lookout account. He led the cops right to the car in under 7 minutes! He got his car and his phone back. Thats close enough for me!

love-my-droid

Reaction score
Mobile Defense

Mobile Defense works great and allows you to lock and make changes remote.

Real-time tracking, remote locking, and more!

sbergdor

Reaction score
Mobile Defense works great and allows you to lock and make changes remote.

Real-time tracking, remote locking, and more!

I am unable to locate Mobile Defense in the app store.
I used it on my original Droid and loved it.
Any ideas on where to find it?

agreco60

Reaction score
Seekdroid...will turn on your GPS...can send a alarm with personal text message...can look at phone log and even wipe phone. Awesome...