Droid LED Flashing??

idle0095

Reaction score
so on youtube there is a ton of videos about the droid. The led on the top right is flashing when the phone is in service. just like a blackberry does. well i have no option with my droid to get the led flashing. i have the newest 2.0.1 installed. Were is this option to have it flash when its in service?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure its not just blinking because they have other messages and such? Can you post a link to said video?

Droids

Reaction score
The LED flashes when you have new email, etc. It's a notification light, not a service light.

Jason

Reaction score
so on youtube there is a ton of videos about the droid. The led on the top right is flashing when the phone is in service. just like a blackberry does. well i have no option with my droid to get the led flashing. i have the newest 2.0.1 installed. Were is this option to have it flash when its in service?
Really? when you get a new email it should be green. Go into Gmail>settings>nofications. Sms is the same also but that is about it

mjs31

Reaction score
He wants it to flash for service. I dont think that is possible without a 3rd party app. You can have it flash when there is no service though. Never in my life did I understand why someone would want it to flash just for service. Quite annoying and not a good way to see other led notifications, but to each their own I guess.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Really? when you get a new email it should be green. Go into Gmail>settings>nofications. Sms is the same also but that is about it

Really? Green? Mines Blue for new email....

boatman2220

Reaction score
The flashing LED is a notification alert. Email, Message, Missed Calls. There are apps in Market that let you change colors and setup different services with the flashing notification.

OP
I

idle0095

Reaction score
i saw it in alot of videos but i guess it was just for new messages or what not.

boatman2220

Reaction score
You should be getting several as you browse around this forum, new posts in threads you're checking out.

firemedic4321

Reaction score
Did you download any apps to make this happen. My green light is flashing and I cant figure out why

windstrings

Reaction score
Did you download any apps to make this happen. My green light is flashing and I cant figure out why

Many apps can change the color of the LED.... I use Handcent for my text and it has that option among many others......

Nice because you can tell if you have a test verses email just from the flashing light.

If you presently have a flashing light.. something has triggered the notification...
Anything in your top tray when you swip your finger down from the extreme top down?