Droid keyboard is too hard/Best onscreen keyboard?

chad_petree

Reaction score
After 3 months with my phone The hardware keyboard has become too hard, the keys are hard as hell so i find myself using the onscreen keyboard instead, is anyone else having this issue?

Btw whats your favorite keyboard? I think mine would have to be the droid x keyboard, i cant believe this is the only multitouch keyboard on android, and what makes a muktitouch keyboard better u might say, well if u type really fast there will be less errors because the screen is able to register 2 taps at the same time instead of having to wait till u lift finger, i wish the droid x keyboard had long press caracters like the htc keyboard

Another thing i have noticed is vibration makes virtual keyboards react slower or is it my imagination?

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i use Better Keyboard. lots of different skins to go with it, as well. but, i haven't used swiftkey - i'm gonna give that a try.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I personally think swiftkey is garbage. I downloaded it to give it a try, but every time I used the physical keyboard, it would write the words IT wanted to write, not the one I was actually trying to type. Uninstall.

I am a fan of Swype, but right now, I'm just using the default Android Keyboard.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another vote for the HTC keyboard. Be sure to install the companion app "clicker". That gives you a calibration procedure for the keyboard. It works great.

Nealius

Reaction score
The main reason I bought the droid over the some other phone was the hard keyboard.
with in hours I learned I hated it. Stock on screen keyboard user here.

what makes these other keyboard apps so great?

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
Swiftkey is pretty sweet, as well.

i think it has lag =/ and i dont like the font they used , still cant believe no keyboard has beaten the iphone keyboard specially in portrait mode :icon_eek:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still Swype for me.

Try some out. You can't beat first hand experience in determining which is best suited to you.

masters

Reaction score
Swipe and Swiftkey are the two best so far.. And since they are so different, you may just have to try each for a week or two..

wfin73

Reaction score
I like swype, but my fat fingers would cover up the keys where I needed to go next, and I kept making mistakes. I tried swift key too, but everytime I put an "S" in, it changed it ti a "Z". Many other times it would just put in whatever word it wanted.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
personally i use "slideIT" it works really well and I find that you don't need to be as accurate with your typing/sliding as you do with swype

quakemazer

Reaction score
swype/swiftkey

I switch between swype and swiftkey.

Currently using swiftkey with 13ms haptic feedback. I hate feedback on stock, it's toooooo slow. With swiftkey, when haptic feedback is set to around 13ms it doesn't slow me down and instead acts as it should, namely, letting me know whether I actually pressed the key.

I'm also using handcent sms, which allows you to speak a text regardless of what keyboard you're using. Very handy for all the cool aftermarket keyboards that neglect the mic button.

J

Johnly

After 3 months with my phone The hardware keyboard has become too hard, the keys are hard as hell so i find myself using the onscreen keyboard instead, is anyone else having this issue?

Btw whats your favorite keyboard? I think mine would have to be the droid x keyboard, i cant believe this is the only multitouch keyboard on android, and what makes a muktitouch keyboard better u might say, well if u type really fast there will be less errors because the screen is able to register 2 taps at the same time instead of having to wait till u lift finger, i wish the droid x keyboard had long press caracters like the htc keyboard

Another thing i have noticed is vibration makes virtual keyboards react slower or is it my imagination?
would have turned that baby in 20......I love mine...trading nothing....rooted and extremely slantwise....