Droid keeps making me happy!

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
it seems like Droid has been the gift that keeps on giving every since i got it.... i finally start messing around with emulators and got one for the sega genisis... lo and behold i found a rom for Joe Montana football by sega.... the very 1st Joe Montana! are you kidding me..? so i start to load it up and i got my fingers crossed hoping it's just a lil bit close to the best game i think i've ever owned... IT WAS PERFECT(graphics were crisp and game play was excellent).... just like i remembered and it's just as fun to play... that was my freshman year at Bama and it brought back some great memories...

on another note.... if they ever make EMUs for PS2 or PS3 (im sure someones on it now) then game devs will really have to step their game up.. roms seem like the way to go...

Yodes

Reaction score
I know the feeling, after years of not being able to play it, I literally got chills when I loaded up Total Carnage (SNES) and got to hear that old familiar, "TOOOOOOTAL CARNAAAAAAAAAAAAGE" yell at the beginning of the game :icon_ banana:

CongoJack90

Reaction score
When I loaded up sonic the hedgehog 2 after 16 years since my last play thru I got a awarm fuzzy feeling inside and a nostalgia attack. The ROMS all run perfectly on the droid its like having my SEGA genesis for the first time all over again

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
it seems like Droid has been the gift that keeps on giving every since i got it.... i finally start messing around with emulators and got one for the sega genisis... lo and behold i found a rom for Joe Montana football by sega.... the very 1st Joe Montana! are you kidding me..? so i start to load it up and i got my fingers crossed hoping it's just a lil bit close to the best game i think i've ever owned... IT WAS PERFECT(graphics were crisp and game play was excellent).... just like i remembered and it's just as fun to play... that was my freshman year at Bama and it brought back some great memories...

on another note.... if they ever make EMUs for PS2 or PS3 (im sure someones on it now) then game devs will really have to step their game up.. roms seem like the way to go...

Joe Montana? Damn, you're almost as old as me! My freshman year (HU), we were playing Tecmo!!

FoFa

Reaction score
Youngsters.
I remember when PONG came out, I was 20.
Just stared at that little white square moving back and forth.
It was the kewlest thing.

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score

Joe Montana? Damn, you're almost as old as me! My freshman year (HU), we were playing Tecmo!!

Yeah would be a long walk outside if you lose a game..... "hey, dude what's that on the back of your pants?" "Nevermind... its just my footprint"... yeah those were the days... would be great if you could play friends on the network.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's get it to run an emulation of the Mattel Football handheld.

That will be an achievement!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
emulators are great, but there are hardware limitations.

I don't think the Droid can even run a ps1 game, don't quote me on that though.

I don't know how powerful future devices are going to be but that's gonna be quite the videocard if it can handle ps3 games. That could be another decade down the road though. Never know with how fast technology advances...

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
emulators are great, but there are hardware limitations.

I don't think the Droid can even run a ps1 game, don't quote me on that though.

I don't know how powerful future devices are going to be but that's gonna be quite the videocard if it can handle ps3 games. That could be another decade down the road though. Never know with how fast technology advances...

i'm sure you're right especially with all the buttons you would have to assign and adjust too.. but i'm really talking more ps2 than 3

floyd

Reaction score
Oregon Trail: "You have died of dysentery..." Old school rocks.