Droid incredible issues.

kur1j

Reaction score
I have three issues.

1. It keeps restarting. I talked to VZ and they said to factory reset. I have taken it to the store and they did a factory reset (basically acted dumb about it). What else should I do at that point? It started doing it about 1.5 months ago but it is reseting more and more often.

2. Battery life - It sucked when I got it and it still sucks. Any suggestions for a different battery? Verizon has a 2150mAh battery for 60 dollars but don't know if it is actually worth it.

3. Tons of dropped calls. My sister has a droid eris and it doesn't drop calls at all. Same place at that. I can't remember when I have ever seen more than 2 bars. And when it does have them it just randomly takes them away. I will see it have 2 bars and then drop to 0 bars.

Any suggestions?

ljholland

Reaction score
While I really like the phone, I have two of your three issues.

- Restarts started happening about a week after I got it. It got as bad a 3x per day. The Verizon rep had me do a factory reset also. What I'm doing now is monitoring but only installing a few apps. So far, I haven't had a restart. My guess is that one of the apps I was using was causing it. FWIW, the business account manager that supports our company said I should install a task killer (amazing that they're pumping this bad info). Anyway, after seeing that there are no resets without adding 3rd party apps, I'm convinced I had a misbehaving app.
- I've narrowed the battery life problem down to having a weak signal. During the week, I work in an area where the signal sucks. The battery wouldn't make it a half day. At home, my signal is good....and the battery will last a full day. I picked up the Verizon 2150 battery to use at work and it'll get me through a day (until 11pm). What I think will be the fix is Froyo. When I had a Droid 1, Froyo changed the frequency of hitting the cell tower and dramatically improved my battery life. While I'm hearing otherwise, I'm hoping the official Froyo with the radio update will fix the battery problems for the Incredible.
- Dropped calls? Nope....no problem here.