Droid Incredible deleted all messages

ugafan2081

Reaction score
My Droid Incredible sat on my night stand last night and when I woke up this morning all of my messages were deleted. This has only happened once before, I do not have any limits set that I know of. I had about 600 or 700 messages that were locked and there gone. Does anyone know of a way to recover the messages? Do you know of how to prevent this in the future ? If I complained to Verizon do you think they would do anything for me?
Thanks you!
I know this is kinda a repost maybe but I wanna figure this out it annoys me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This happened to me twice in the past week. I'm guessing there's some limit until it deletes all messages?

I use SMSbackup to backup all my text messages, but if the phone is going to automatically delete it then I don't see a point in fighting against it....

Zippster

Reaction score
My wife lost all hers lastnight also, didnt have anywhere near 600 and only a handful were locked, whats the point of locking something if it indiscriminately deletes what it wants anyways?

MS3G35

Reaction score
Mine does this constently, I'd say it has happened atleast 4 or 5 times. I find it highly annoying. And it also will delete all my contacts as well. Lets just say as soon as the bionic comes out and I can get my hands on that and the D3 I will be upgrading to one of those very soon!