Droid Incredible Delayed Again, Don't Expect it 'Till August 3rd

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
incred_aug_3.JPG

As if you didn't see this one coming, the Droid Incredible has been delayed yet again. Today, Verizon updated the Incredible's latest proposed ship date on its wireless webpage to August 3rd. We heard a couple of weeks ago that the next Incredibles would ship by July 28th, but apparently that date could not be satisfied.

We all know the issues surrounding Samsung AMOLED shortages, and that the Incredible will likely be switching to another screen (supposedly a TFT LCD) for its newest batch. You also may recall the EOL (End-Of-Line) fiasco surrounding the Incredible back in June, which was debunked by Verizon personnel. While the actual ship date is still up in the air, at least those patient consumers out there have a $25 gift card to keep them cozy as the delays continue.

Is anyone still waiting to purchase a Droid Incredible? Have you already purchased the DI, and are waiting for it to ship? If so, is this new development forcing you to reconsider your smartphone decision? Let us know.

via Phandroid
source Verizon

Last edited:
OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can cancel your order and change it to a droid x pre-order

Indeed. However, I know as late as last week, some preferred the Incredible to the X, even with the delays.

DuclosBrosRacing

Reaction score
If I cancel, I will just get into a new queue for the other phone and delay even longer. I am just going to go get an iphone!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow....another delay...

After awhile the aura of waiting for a phone on back order this long is gonna wear off. And with a newer phone coming out thats smaller than the X or with the X being available sooner...some ppl are gonna switch. Switch just to have something, anything in hand, especially something new. They can still do a 30 day change on it if the Inc is available by then.

jsuber

Reaction score
But isn't that date tied to those that order that day. For Instance:

June 1st the ship date was July 1 and if you look on July 6th it says the ship date August 3.

No if those that ordered on June 1st are alos getting theirs on August 3rd then that is a serious problem. I read tehy were dropping the AMOLED and switching to something else. Maybe they are retooling. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I went to BB and placed an order for the Droid X and Spring let me out of my contract.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
But isn't that date tied to those that order that day. For Instance:

June 1st the ship date was July 1 and if you look on July 6th it says the ship date August 3.

No if those that ordered on June 1st are alos getting theirs on August 3rd then that is a serious problem. I read tehy were dropping the AMOLED and switching to something else. Maybe they are retooling. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I went to BB and placed an order for the Droid X and Spring let me out of my contract.

i believe you may be correct. hopefully somebody who has been waiting for awhile can chime in on this.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They just need to put this one to rest. The DI missed it's prime and there is no getting that back. Lots of ticked off VZW customers and HTC fans I'm sure.

Cole119

Reaction score
They just need to put this one to rest. The DI missed it's prime and there is no getting that back. Lots of ticked off VZW customers and HTC fans I'm sure.

I disagree, there is still a very useful spot in VZW's lineup for the Incredible. In fact, if they fix the Incredible's shipping problems, I wouldn't be surprised if the Incredible sells more than the X just because it looks more like an iPhone. That probably won't happen though, because VZW is going to be marketing the **** out of the X, but if they both had an even playing ground, the Incredible would win with the general consumer.