Droid Incredible 2 not recognizing or reading my brand new SD card

darkwatch887

Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a 8GB class 4 micro sd card to use with my droid incredible 2, which I bought used from my friend a while back. After entering the sd card into the phone, it said the card was damaged, and then the phone began to freeze, requiring a reboot, every time i inserted the sd card. Figuring the sd card was broken, last night I went out to Walmart and bought a class 10 16gb sdhc card, as I had read that some phones will work better with class 10 sd cards. I took the card and inserted it into my phone, and the phone acted like I hadn't even inserted an sd card at all. I know for a fact the sd card I just bought is not corrupted, as I have not done anything to ruin it and it formats just fine. I tried a list of things:
Doing a Soft Reset
Doing a Factory Reset
Soft and Hard formatting my sd card

I think it would also be worth noting that I do not have a cellular plan for this cell phone, as I just use it to play apps while I am out or at home (since I already have a prepaid phone I can call people with). If you guys can help out or give me any pointers, that would be great. Thanks.

debrad0307

Reaction score
That could be the issue. I've heard that the 10 class SD cards don't work well with cell phones. I'm using a 6 class on mine I think and I've never had an issue.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 4