Droid Inc continuous boot after rom install

Noobish

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have my droid inc running 2.2 os and rooted using unrevoked 1 click root. I downloaded ROM Manager from the market and and installed i think was called "skyraider". It downloaded the rom and went the the screen where it said to reboot the phone to start installations (or something close to that). I hit OK and now my phone is stuck on a continuous loop of how the phone starts when you turn it on. Ive let it boot maybe 100 times. I pulled the battery for probably an hour or so. When i put the battery back in in goes back to the continuous loop. Ive tried holding the power and up volume to get it into recovery but it will not let me.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
You need to hold the "down" portion of your volume rocker when you do your reboot, not the "up" portion.

Also, give as much detail as you can, when you get back into recovery, look at the top of the screen and tell us what it says for your versions and all that. Did you use any different ROMs or Kernels and if so which ones?

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
just tried that too and nothing happens

Reaction score
Try doing a battery pull (5 minutes, no less, and probably don't need much more) and then doing the power + down and see where that gets you... if we're still not working after that we may have a pretty serious issue here.

Again, we need details, as much as you can possibly remember about what happened and how. I encourage people when they do any sort of work to their phone to write down what they're downloading and installing verbatim so they can go back and see what programs, apps, files, roms, kernels, and the versions of each that they're using.

Also remember that anytime you root your phone you are indeed taking a risk of bricking the phone... many times it's not the model of the phone that makes the difference (although some take easier than others), it's also on a phone by phone basis. If you used a certain webpage with instructions on how to do it or a forum here, post us a link so we can follow the work you did. That'll help immensely.

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
I pulled the bat for 5 min and before i put it back in i held down the volume control and power and it booted up into recovery. Thanks for the help guys and i will definitely keep those things in mind when messing around with my phone. Thanks for the quick replies

Reaction score
Glad to hear you were able to get back in! Keep us posted if you have any other developments in your process that would help other folks who are doing the same thing.

masully1984

Reaction score
Did you wipe the data and cache before you flashed the ROM? Do you have a nandroid backup to restore?