Droid Hidden Program Menu

gentlefury

Reaction score
With my old winmo phone it would dial #777 when dling a mms or accessing the web. It probably has something to do with that

Yes data calling is another name for tethering. Most phones can enable data calling and then you can use it as a modem dial #777 your username is your phone number@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw.

It was really easy to do on my LG Dare...I think its harder to do without root access on Droid....but its been this way for a long time now.

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
With my old winmo phone it would dial #777 when dling a mms or accessing the web. It probably has something to do with that

Yes data calling is another name for tethering. Most phones can enable data calling and then you can use it as a modem dial #777 your username is your phone number@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw.

It was really easy to do on my LG Dare...I think its harder to do without root access on Droid....but its been this way for a long time now.

Ah ok thanks.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
- Improve Call Audio Quality
• Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
• Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
• Tap on "04 Vocode"
• Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
• The phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
• Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
Came from here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html

has anyone actually tried this and did it do anything?

-=Jason=-

johall07

Reaction score
- Improve Call Audio Quality
• Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
• Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
• Tap on "04 Vocode"
• Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
• The phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
• Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
Came from here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html

has anyone actually tried this and did it do anything?

-=Jason=-

yea i have it done now and although i couldnt tell a difference my mom said something about sounding lower (volume wise) but very clear and in the official verizon rep thread and he said it did

jared1337

Reaction score
Where on my moto droid in settings does it let you check or uncheck data calling? I cant find it in my settings but people in previous posts say its there somewhere.

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
Where on my moto droid in settings does it let you check or uncheck data calling? I cant find it in my settings but people in previous posts say its there somewhere.

... Read the first fricken post...

Berzerker

Reaction score
As said before, that data rate is only for 1x speeds. CDMA1x has a theoretical burst limit of 153.6 kbps. EVDO (3G) speeds aren't managed through that programming menu.

studiorat

Reaction score
has anyone seen a side tone adjustment within these menus or does anyone know of one I have massive sidetone and wish to reduce it