Droid Hacks the Playstation 3

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ps3-jailbreak-droid.jpg

From inception the Motorola Droid has always been known as the DOES device. Hacking the Playstion 3 is now officially one more function to the Droid Does list. This is achieved with a port of PSFreedom for the Droid that implements the original PS Jailbreak exploit, based in part on reverse engineering efforts by the PSGroove project. To find out more check out the discussion already in progress on the forums here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...your-ps3-your-droid-now.html?highlight=rivers

Check out the How-To video by forum member Rivers!
[video=youtube;wSndv_wv9Zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSndv_wv9Zo]YouTube - PS3 Jailbreak Using Motorola Droid Tutorial[/video]

Thanks to AceDROID & MMitchell816 for heads up!
Source: Motorola Droid - PSFreedom Wiki

AceDROID

Reaction score
I love how I posted this like last week, and it was taken down.. =[

AceDROID

Reaction score
So, maybe Hookbill can have my soft-deleted post added to this.. or reshown? i dunno how that would work.

AceDROID

Reaction score
thanks! now can that post be merged into the news section too? or what?

AceDROID

Reaction score
well i can just repost it. I put this up 9/10/10

So, a Playstation 3 hack has been developed. Doing more research, in other words trying to avoid spending about 30 for a USB stick that says to hack the PS3 instantly, I came across a website and I could not believe my eyes. I have yet to try it, because the PS3 that I have lacks a video cable, but I am sure going to later on today after getting one.

This particular way to exploit the PS3 hack, uses our beloved Motorola Droid to do it. Don't believe me? Check these links out.

General how to

Device compatibility list

Downloads

DISCLAIMER
This is for all those who wish to create backups of games in which THEY ALREADY OWN. I, nor DroidForums.net condone pirating anything, as it is ILLEGAL.
END DISCLAIMER

Just felt like sharing this tid bit of information. Above all else? DROID DOES.

AceDROID

Reaction score
Ahh I can't edit or delete a post! Sorry for the constant posting =[

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got the links fixed for ya :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Video shows this being done on the Original PS3 is it done the same way on the Slim ?