Droid GPS Question

Tgohl

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with their GPS, since the update my GPS is having a HARD time finding my location, if and when it does it might take upto 20 min.

Is there a way to reset or recalibrate the GPS on the phone ?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try downloading the GPS Status app. It lets you see what satellites the receiver can pick up and tells you how many it is able to actually lock on to.

Benton

Reaction score
I have not had a problem with GPS at all since the upgrade and it almost seems quicker to pick up where I am when performing Navigation in a car. I do seem to miss a some of the geotagging on the pictures which is likely a result of turning the camera on, taking a quick picture and turning the camera back off before GPS identifies where I am so no big deal. I notice in a sequence of pics the GPS tags the subsequent pictures.

billney

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems. It is very intermittent though. Used Maps all day on Wednesday and then Thursday it kept searching for satellites. Restarted, no luck, pulled the battery, no luck. Finally got where I was going, did what I needed to do, got back in the car and it locked onto a GPS signal within a few seconds.

Jeepers

Reaction score
Same problem here - I am very disappointed with the navigation on this thing - 75% of the time it can't find itself - have done the shut-down - battery pull - being outside and swirling it around to find it self - but it looses itself the next time I try to navigate some place - etc....... and just is very unstable - VZNAV was much much better than this and it is making me crazy!!!! When it works tho - it works great for navigation - but that is less than 50% of the time.

Seems to have problems with the voice search for navigation as well - just plain frustrated with this - gggrrrrrrrrrr - and I need to use it every day with my job!!!

Jeepers

Reaction score
Try downloading the GPS Status app. It lets you see what satellites the receiver can pick up and tells you how many it is able to actually lock on to.

Which one - there are several:icon_eek: