Droid Forums Upgrade

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DroidForums.net Sign In Problems

We have upgraded DroidForums.net to a newer version of vBulletin this morning. After the upgrade, some users have reported problems logging back into the forum.

If you are having issues signing in follow the normal procedure to reset your password. This is normally a two step process. Once you attempt to log-in and the process fails click the link to reset your password.

1. You will receive an email with a link to click on to reset your password.

2. The new password should arrive in your mail.

3. Close all tabs in your browser.

4. This method will be different for each browser, but you need to delete all cookies related to our site. Please see the instructions at this site for how to do that in different browsers.

** How to delete cookies

** How to Clear Your Browser's Cookies - wikiHow

4b. Other users have reported that deleting the cookies are not enough, that you need to delete site preferences as well. This is different from browser to browser as well: In Firefox, it's: tools>clear recent history>details>site preferences

4c. If you are on windows, this utility has been helpful to some of our users and is free and should allow you to double check that you did in fact delete all cookies:

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Posts on page 2 and 3 of this thread have additional suggestions and steps for different browsers.

5. Close your browser completely, you need to shut down your browser and restart it from scratch. Sometimes closing the window does not completely shut down the browser.

6. Reload your browser and attempt to log in to the site. Keep in mind, usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE -- Also, be sure to check the box that says "REMEMBER ME" - I have personally seen that it would not accept the login unless that box was checked.

If you continue to have problems logging in, please shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help!

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Contact Us

For Chrome Users: I just tested this in Chrome and deleted cookies 5 times with no fix. However, once I followed these steps, it worked:
Open Chrome to a Blank Tab
Go to Preferences -> Under the Hood
Show Cookies & Website Permissions
Type in the website name (droidforums.net, or what have you)
Only the cookies for droidforums.net will come up, Delete All
Close the Delete Cookies Tab
Go to "Personal Stuff" Tab
Click on "Clear Browsing Data"
Check every Box except "Clear Saved Passwords"
Make sure to set "Clear Data From This Period" to Everything
Close Down Chrome Completely (Quit out, don't just close the window)
That fixed it for me.

J

JohnDroid

Guys, I've been going over and over this with quite a few users and 99% of the time it works the first time. However, I've had some users who did not close out their browser or close the tabs or did not delete cookies properly and it didnt work.

You need to follow the instructions 100% and it WILL fix the problem. It __IS__ a corrupt cookie problem.

RedBull

Reaction score
John and Dan...

I'm using Safari right now...and can NOT use IE at all. I received an email giving me clear concise directions that I followed, and I still can not log in. I even went into the temp folder to verify everything was gone and that folder was empty. Is there ANY other place this corrupt cookie could be?

I'm not a big fan of Safari, Chrome or Firefox...but it seems I'm stuck using this just to access this site alone. That kinda bites.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

J

JohnDroid

John and Dan...

I'm using Safari right now...and can NOT use IE at all. I received an email giving me clear concise directions that I followed, and I still can not log in. I even went into the temp folder to verify everything was gone and that folder was empty. Is there ANY other place this corrupt cookie could be?

I'm not a big fan of Safari, Chrome or Firefox...but it seems I'm stuck using this just to access this site alone. That kinda bites.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The cache/temp folder won't necessarily hold your cookies, so likely you are not deleting your cookies properly. This is VITAL. It is also VITAL to reset your password, not attempt to use your old one. You can change it back to your old password AFTER you reset it and log in successfully.

To delete cookies in IE8, please follow these steps:

Internet Explorer 8 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies

Once you follow those steps, please COMPLETELY close out of IE8. I've also noticed if I have a tab open or I'm on the website I'm deleting cookies for, they will NOT delete. So be at a blank page when you do the cookie delete procedure.

After that, you can reload IE8 and your email, you should already have done the password reset procedure and should be able to copy and paste that from your email to login, then reset your password to whatever you wish.

The fact that you can log in on one browser but not another proves it is a cookie issue. However, some users passwords had the salt changed in the database and that is why the procedure to reset the password is also a necessary step.

RedBull

Reaction score
Dunno what made it start working, but it is. I followed the directions all the way, and did it several times since it wasn't working.

But...it is now. I might take a couple of times of deleting everything...but that seems to have been my fix.

Thanks for the help guys!

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I reset password 2 times deleted all cookies, history and saved passwords still did nothing then finally had to uncheck preserve favorties data then reset my password again which finally worked

J

JohnDroid

I reset password 2 times deleted all cookies, history and saved passwords still did nothing then finally had to uncheck preserve favorties data then reset my password again which finally worked

Where is the 'preserve favorites data' switch? What browser?

pyro6128

Reaction score
same thing needs to be done with firefox, the site preferences need to be cleared as well. On my mac firefox its under tools>clear recent history>details>site preferences

Reaction score
Please don't do this again, guys.. It was a PITA to do this on three comps. I followed all the directions precisely and no, it worked 2/3 of the time. I haven't noticed any changes, though?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I had really problems to get in on Firefox, but this worked for me:

- open FF
- Reset the start page for blank
- delete ALL cookies and chaches and passwords and EVERYTHING
- start PC again (NOT REBOOT, BUT SHUT OFF and turn on)
- open FF
- again delete cache and cookies and EVERYTHING connected
- restart FF
- open DF
- ask for new password (ONLY USE ONE TAB!)
- log back in

emscapt47

Reaction score
I am not happy I have wrote to the webmaster twice and no response I have paid to be a supporting member and I can't even use the forum anymore I have to use my cell. Ian really not happy. I have cleared my cookies I have rebooted 4 times and mortality. Come on folks...........

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not happy I have wrote to the webmaster twice and no response I have paid to be a supporting member and I can't even use the forum anymore I have to use my cell. Ian really not happy. I have cleared my cookies I have rebooted 4 times and mortality. Come on folks...........

I'll get you taken care of emscapt47. I'll make sure an admin gets in touch with you. What we need to do is to log you in ourselves then you should be fine.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Posted a msg to webmaster, however after the 7th time, I got in.

Don't know what was goin on, I cleared cache and cookies, closed ie8 the first 6 times after the reset request ...

Oh well, movin on ... :)