Droid Finder

rich285

Reaction score
I recently installed this program and tested it by SMS myself the password but the app doesn't work. I couldn't find any instructions either. Does anyone know how to use Penultimate Droid Finder? Is this the best Android finding app?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wavesecure is by far the best app to find your device.

Troops2990

Reaction score
lookout does a good job also, "lost phone" will send a google maps link to the phone that you sent a text to your lost phone from telling you where your phone is via text message.

samredman

Reaction score
Why would any business use the term "Penultimate" to describe themselves and their products? Penultimate means "next to last." If you are only able to beat the last finisher in a race you are the penultimate finisher. It's the next to the last scene in a play or the next to last chapter in a book. It's not a distinction you want attached to your product. The word "ultimate" actually means "last," but concerning a development, the latest iteration of a product is often the most advanced (the final word so to speak), so the term "ultimate" is an appropriate advertising term, but to describe yourself as "penultimate" means you are the first of the last two losers.

---
About wanting to know the best droid finder... It seems that WaveSecure is the best. It was (or is being) acquired by McAfee (a large well established company) and being substantial is probably very important when you are dealing with millions of users needing reliablilty of online access. For a while I was using Lookout, but I found that their website is often not available online at mylookout.com and that is troubling. You want to go with a company that is going to be able to be there when you need them

I also had Mobile Defense installed with no problems. It works and I did use it to find my lost Droid once, but it doesn't provide the backup data capacity and many of the other features of Wavesecure.