Droid feeling slightly loose

sal33n

Reaction score
Ok let me see if I can explain. The Droid itself seems sturdy and the display slides good with no problems of it feeling loose or sliding out too easily. The problem is when the keyboard is not extended. There is a slight gap between the display and the keyboard underneath on the left side. You can't really see the the gap but when you use the touchscreen on the left side of the display you can feel it "close the gap" and it sorta makes a noise that the two halves touch. It's seems like it's just a minor thing but its enough that is can be aggravating when you are using the touch screen to type and it "feels different" cuz of that clicking from the gap on the left side and feels like you are lamost double tapping. Anyone else experience this?

1stdroid

Reaction score
I just checked my phone based on your description and yes, there is some mechanical movement between the 2 halves of the phone along that left edge but, I have never noticed it while typing or using the touchscreen.

I think some degree of clearance is necessary to allow the phone to have a detent into both the open and closed position.

It may be excessive on your hardware but, mine is barely noticeable and I've never noticed it before.

Good luck....

tktouch12

Reaction score
mine doesn't do it, but my dad's does and its really annoying when i use his. i know what you're talking about

OP
S

sal33n

Reaction score
mine doesn't do it, but my dad's does and its really annoying when i use his. i know what you're talking about

Has your dad thought about returning it for another because of it? Yes it is very annoying.

OP
S

sal33n

Reaction score
No, I kept it on. I remember reading some threads a while ago about taking it off but mine slides just fine and I figured it being there is keeping it more protected than by removing it. Am I wrong? It really doesn't look like it should be removed even though I know others have said it is there just for shipping purposes.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I think that the sticker would make it more tight then without it. Maybe you can exchange the phone if it is bothering you.

Mine has a little play, but it's not enough to bother me and does not effect use.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mine doesn't and i DID take my sticker off..

get quad

Reaction score
no sticker here either, not having issues with mine but then again if I wanted only an on screen keyboard I wouldn't have even bought the droid ;)

OP
S

sal33n

Reaction score
I wanted a keyboard too. I just wish it was more like the keyboard on a Voyager. I would gladly sacrifice a little more thickness for a better keyboard. My wife has the Voyager and that keyboard is very easy to type on.

I am gonna remove the sticker and see if it changes anything.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I wanted a keyboard too. I just wish it was more like the keyboard on a Voyager. I would gladly sacrifice a little more thickness for a better keyboard. My wife has the Voyager and that keyboard is very easy to type on.

I am gonna remove the sticker and see if it changes anything.

mine only does it if i push on the right side in the black around the screen.

I also like the voyager keyboard... or maybe i'm just more use to it after a year and a half. The droid keyboard is growing on me though.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
So what are you going to do? I too have the same issue and it IS really annoying. I use the hard keyboard a lot, and I didn't notice this issue at first which indicates to me that it has gotten worse...

metasin

Reaction score
My advice would be to keep it if is working well. I replaced my 1st one because of this and the 2nd one had many other problems. I would suggest a case like the Innocase. It seems to prevent the movement of the screen. Looks and feels good too.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm already using an innocase (love it). However, you probably have a point - my droid works perfectly except for the slight looseness of the slider. I should probably just be happy I have one that works well...