Droid Exchange?

st3V3

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my droid now for awhile. I took it to verizon 2 days ago and they told me it was the ani-virus protection that was causing my problems. It certainly made the phone a tad faster but several other problems still exsisted. 4/5 times that I would open my keyboard the screen would freeze. At least 4x a day my phone would randomly restart. I was sending texts to the wrong people. Every application would take forever to load and operate.

Now don't get me wrong, I have Task Killer on it and have it set to shut down unused apps every half an hour. I went through and cleared out all of my unused applications, I cleared pictures and videos and songs, I restarted it myself everyday....Nothing fixed the problem. Today they agreed to send me a new one under manufacturer warranty. Now since this is a replacement not an upgrade I will be receiving a Motorola Droid again. But I must say I am really liking the Motorola Droid 2. I found my Droid to be slow on many occasions and sometimes not up to my needs. I text around 2000-3000 txts a month, constantly surfing the web and running games and other apps all day (not at the same time, that would obviously be processor overload).

So is there anyway to get myself a Droid 2? Maybe a trade with someone or idk..

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
A good start would be getting rid of the task killer...Not needed and most likely the cause of your problems.

OP
S

st3V3

Reaction score
A good start would be getting rid of the task killer...Not needed and most likely the cause of your problems.

Haha wait a min...what?! lol I have been told by EVERYONE that it is like the first application you should download. It makes sense too, the less you have running the faster the phone would be. I am not saying you are wrong obviously, haha. I am just very surprised by this news.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Haha wait a min...what?! lol I have been told by EVERYONE that it is like the first application you should download. It makes sense too, the less you have running the faster the phone would be. I am not saying you are wrong obviously, haha. I am just very surprised by this news.
Well, Black is right...conventional wisdom be damned...Task Killers are not needed. Feel free to click the links and get a better understanding of how Android Processes work and why you dont need to "kill" them...

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't be so surprised. You were probably told this by a Verizon employee initially. They are told to tell everyone that they need it. Some install it without asking permission thinking they are doing the customer a favor. They aren't.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
I uninstalled the ATK about 2 weeks ago. My droid runs better and a tad faster. Glitch free!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been told by EVERYONE that it is like the first application you should download. It makes sense too, the less you have running the faster the phone would be.
Not everyone here. And it doesn't make sense if you understand how Android works.

OP
S

st3V3

Reaction score
I have been told by EVERYONE that it is like the first application you should download. It makes sense too, the less you have running the faster the phone would be.
Not everyone here. And it doesn't make sense if you understand how Android works.

Yeah I went through a few links and watched several videos and now fully understand how Android works. I uninstalled ATK yesterday and wow....its faster!!!! :icon_eek: dancedroid

Onward to my OP, is there any way to exchange my phone to get the Droid 2? I mean, it still feels like it might be sluggish as compared to the Droid 2, so idk.