Droid Eris Root? Confused.. help would be grateful =D

lunarpoc

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a big noobie coming down to Droid phones... or phones in general. So, I just got my Droid Eris today, used on CL. I was thinking about rooting the phone since a lot of people mentioned about rooting the phone would open a lot of things to be done to the phone and also I wanted DroidWall.

When I got this phone, it came with firmware 2.1 already installed by the previous owner. I read that it would brick your phone if you tried to root your phone with 2.1 already installed onto the phone.

So, how could I continue to root the phone? Would it be now be impossible?

Here's some random info that you might need, (idk if it's important..)
hboot: 1.6
firmware 2.1

Also, I don't know if the last owner rooted it or not or did anything to the phone. When I got it, it wanted me to activated it was cleared of anything.

Thank you!

jrozga

Reaction score
As long as your eris does not have one of the leaked versions of the 2.1 update you can root! (just went from stock to evil eris 3.0 this weekend)

I used the steps in this link How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated – 06.11.2010) | The Unlockr

Make sure you do both steps and read the directions very carefully BEFORE you start anything. After that I installed rom manager from the market and installed evil eris 2.0/2.0.1 and 3.0 just for kicks. I ended up going back to 2.0.1 just for the control over set cpu for over clocking.

This is my first post \o/

Scrumbine

Reaction score
Rooting a Droid Eris

Is it against the terms of service w/ Verizon to root a HTC eris? I think I have 1.5 on it.

Thank you all.

671droid

Reaction score
Same issue here. Not sure if I should root or not! Is FROYO availible for ERIS?

Quick question and I apologize for being a noob with little droid knowledge but:

What exactly is the main drawing point to root your droid?

Thanks again!