Droid Eris leaked document POSTED!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vzw_eris.jpg

Droid Eris doc leaks, shows WiFi and 5 megapixel Camera The first phone in what will eventually become a line of Droid phones only became a reality yesterday morning, and its sibling is already in tow. We already know a bit about the HTC-made Droid Eris, such as its $99 price tag and that it’s likely to be spec’d almost identically to the Hero. We’re suckers for the minute details though, and PhoneArena just uncovered a doc which confirms a couple new ones. According to the leaked document, the HTC Droid Eris will tote WiFi, a 5-megapixel camera.

{SOURCE: MobileCrunch}

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will however not buy a smartphone with a trackball though. had enough of them at work go bad.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm not sure why you need a trackball if the touch screen / interface is top notch..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah interface looked decent, just that there is a trackball, and i believe lack of physical keyboard makes me never want it.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another photo of it!

The Droid Eris will be powered by a 528MHz Qualcomm CPU, and ship with Android v1. Now that doesn't make any sense.. Why release a new phone with the old OS? Surely it should be fast enough to handle v2?

tsguy52

Reaction score
I played with this phone in training and really did like the UI that HTC provides. The screen is a bit more fluid than the Moto Droid, but that could have been the UI providing the fluidity.

I'd still put my money on the Moto Droid - that thing is unbelievable at EVERYTHING it seems.

Compared to the Hero - the Eris seems like a slightly cheaper build to me, but still a great phone.

Speaking of build quality - the Moto Droid has the best feel to a slide out keyboard that I've ever seen. Very solid phone design. I'm glad Motorola has finally got back into the game.. It's about time.