Droid Eris Issue

ttrain84

Reaction score
I just rooted my eris and loaded the latest 2.1 rom according to Grdlocks instructions on both my phone and my wife's. Now whenever we talk to each other on our phones we both hear ourselves. Anybody have any ideas?

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Well thats strange, never heard of that happening. It only does it when you call eachother?

OP
T

ttrain84

Reaction score
Its the worst when we talk to each other, but it does happen when I call other cellphones too. And yesterday I was actually hearing my wife then hearing her echo after she finished talking.

deano131

Reaction score
If you have not already done so you might try *228 and do both options 1 (program update) and then 2 (roaming update). I have had this happen before, even with my previouse phone, Blackberry Curve. I think this is a Verizon issue and not the phones.

OP
T

ttrain84

Reaction score
Well I ended up just taking the phones into my local verizon store. They replaced the phones for me and I haven't had the problem since. so it seems that for some reason the upgrade to 2.1 caused the issue. The tech did tell me that if I don't wait for the official upgrade I will void my phones warranty...so I think I might just wait for verizon to push the update...when and if that ever happens.

PRince

Reaction score
couldn't you have to tried to re-do the 2.1 update though? I haven't update my phone yet. Mainly because i've been too bz to try and know nothing really about computers or phones. But if your having problems isn't it possible to go back to the 1.5 before taking it into the verizon store so that they don't know you've been tinkering with your phone?