Droid Eris Discontinued - A Sad Day

J

JohnDroid

droid-eris-discontinued.png

It is a sad day for us at DroidForums.net -- We have to say goodbye to one of our family, a long time brother/cousin in the Droid family -- The Droid Eris.

It appears that you can no longer order this phone online via the VerizonWireless.com website and so a clear message has been sent that once the remaining stock is gone..... it's gone.

We will of course continue the support of the Droid Eris here on the site and our community has done a wonderful job helping out the new and experienced alike.

Here's to hoping that our future Droid replacements (Droid 2, Droid X, and whatever the future brings) serve us just as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
man these phones dont' have a very long life cycle do they?

glad i got a Droiddancedroid

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
Only the strongest will survive :motdroidhoriz:

Damn they are selling the Droid for free on wirefly if you order by 12.A.M
(with a contract of course)

NEXT :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

JohnDroid

It is the nature of the tech industry unfortunately, this game moves fast. However, just because it's discontinued doesn't mean that if you have one it won't continue to serve you for years to come.

Something is only worthless if you have no more use for it and the Droid Eris is certainly still VERY useful.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Supply, demand. Short supply, big demand, and new stuff coming out they'd rather push.

Mule65

Reaction score
Uh, Moto Droid is next on the chopping block with Droid2 pending. I hope all the develoment work done can be converted to future models without too much pain. Portability is an advertised Java strength but we'll see if it's true.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh, Moto Droid is next on the chopping block with Droid2 pending. I hope all the develoment work done can be converted to future models without too much pain. Portability is an advertised Java strength but we'll see if it's true.

I believe the Droid is next too. The Omnia 1 is gone completely from the site, replaced by the Omnia 1.

I think the Omnia 1 made it to a whole year tho before being retired....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The difference tho from the Eris and the Omnia 1: the Droid is a better phone than both...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That is a shame. The Eris was a nice phone. I had it before I had the Droid. Just the screen was too small for me. I think the Devour should have gone before the Eris.