Droid Dock Hack

m0nkee

Reaction score
Check it out here: GoNullYourself.org Board / Droid Dock Hack :motdroidhoriz:

10hq9lt.jpg

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of carving out some wood or something for a mad custom dock :cool: maybe I'll even widdle an eagle fighting a zebra on the side, that would be so awesome.

No but srsly this makes me want to try making my own but the real one is so much sexier lol

Steve

Reaction score
I just saw this and was laughing about it's simplicity so I have a Magnatec cell phone holder from the old days of having Nextel, well anyway long story short I was sliding the phone accross the magnet and the phone turned to "multimedia station" and when I turned the phone around it switched to "car dock" so it works on the polarity sides of the magnet as to what it is attached to to change modes. :icon_ banana:

OP
m0nkee

m0nkee

Reaction score
I just saw this and was laughing about it's simplicity so I have a Magnatec cell phone holder from the old days of having Nextel, well anyway long story short I was sliding the phone accross the magnet and the phone turned to "multimedia station" and when I turned the phone around it switched to "car dock" so it works on the polarity sides of the magnet as to what it is attached to to change modes. :icon_ banana:

Yup, I'm sure you could re-position the magnet and glue the dock to your dashboard if so inclined :p

Danthok

Reaction score
I made a ghetto dock as well using my Droid packaging and duct tape with a couple magnets. However, I found that the Droid is too bright to use as an alarm clock even with the brightness fully decreased and the dimming feature enabled.

mitchell

Reaction score
That thing is pretty sexy M0nkee!

Ha, In all seriousness though, you should build a super cheap, but sturdy Dock that looks nice and put up a tutorial. If it were made out of stuff most people have or could get for cheap they would eat it up, or at least I would.

OP
m0nkee

m0nkee

Reaction score
I'm gonna go buy myself the real dock today, and if I get inspired I'll make a version 2 of my original dock :D

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of carving out some wood or something for a mad custom dock :cool: maybe I'll even widdle an eagle fighting a zebra on the side, that would be so awesome.

No but srsly this makes me want to try making my own but the real one is so much sexier lol

i was actually kicking around the idea on the way home of making a custom dock for this bad boy.. i mean, all you need is a charger and magnet, right? i could work up something really fancy with kydex and/or acrylic, maybe a faux carbon fiber layer or something.. or hell, real carbon. that crap is expensive though. personally, i think i'm leaning toward the hammered copper and oiled leather look, como steampunk.. :icon_ devil: hawt. anybody else got ideas?