Droid Disconnects Internet

ethereal67

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my droid at work, every time I leave my wifi on my phone on and I get a phone call - the internet for the entire building shuts down. I have to go unplug the router to get everything working again. It probably is a router problem because this is the only location that I use that I know it is happening at. Does any one have any suggestions or had anything like this happen to them. The router is older and probably needs to be upgraded but I really don't want to tell my boss that I am the reason for the internet disconnecting all the time and now we need a new router. Obviously I could just turn off wifi when I enter the building but I would like to get to the root of the problem. Thanks for any help

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Strange. You letting the router assign your IP to the phone or did you assign a static IP? If the latter, could be a conflict.

OP
E

ethereal67

Reaction score
I believe the router is assigning the phone an address, I haven't changed any settings on the advanced menu and "use static IP" is unchecked. But the router at work is a static IP, if I change this in the advanced settings will it effect my other wifi connections? Thanks again

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I believe the router is assigning the phone an address, I haven't changed any settings on the advanced menu and "use static IP" is unchecked. But the router at work is a static IP, if I change this in the advanced settings will it effect my other wifi connections? Thanks again

No don't change the routers address! Maybe a firmware update like rwdfan said. Or try deleting the connection on the phone and setting it back up. Can't think of anything else to try though.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I take it it's a COTS router, like you would use at home. Consider putting DD-WRT firmware on it, rather than upgrade. It may solve your problems.

OP
E

ethereal67

Reaction score
Did an update to the router and it seems to have solved the problem. I can't believe I didn't try this before. Thanks for everyones help