Droid Demo Models at Verizon?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does your local Verizon have a demo model out yet? I went by a Verizon store over the weekend with no luck, about to head out today and see if any changes.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
best buy had a dummy out for the droid, not the HTC. but when i posted yesterday from a droid, that was at a verizon store. BUT it wasn't a demo model.. the guy pulled it out from under the counter when i mentioned i was getting one friday.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my local best buy didn't even have a demo unit out yet. the verizon store did, though not fully working at the time i went by.

garyll

Reaction score
The store by me (Laguna Niguel, CA) had 2 demo models out on a table early last week so I was able to feel the weight, how the slider works, and so on. It does have some funky angles on it but I could care less, I'm more concerned with how the phone works as opposed to what it looks like.

mchoffa

Reaction score
Asheville NC Best Buy had a couple demo (non functional) units that gave me a good idea of how the phone felt, how the slider felt, and how the keyboard felt (not as bad as some reviews said in my opinion)

authentic1

Reaction score
mchoffa, I agree about the keyboard. I got to play with one last night, and I could type very quickly on it. I didn't think it was bad at all, and definitely way better than trying to type on the BB Pearl that I have now. I can't wait for Friday.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm glad to be hearing good things about the keyboard. i was hoping that the flatness of it wouldn't take away from it's effectiveness.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i liked it a bunch.. (also coming from a pearl!)

Neofite

Reaction score
went to the store in Gaithersburg, MD yesterday. They have a non-working one that i handled for a couple min. the phone feels really solid.

Zippster

Reaction score
I havent even seen a poster or sign in the Verizon stores let alone demo unit working or otherwise, BB down the road has a non working one that doesnt really help you with much though.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Most of the stores I went to had nothing and all the CSRs just smiled at me and told me it comes out on Friday. Only one had a Droid and the manager gave me and 9 other people a strictly hands off demo on it. I am looking forward to this weekend, just so I can play with one a little. Sadly, I can't actually get one for a little while.:icon_ cry:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah which sucks, because you'd think that they could get alot more people if they would let the demo unit be there, but they are probably afraid someone would walk off with it.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah which sucks, because you'd think that they could get alot more people if they would let the demo unit be there, but they are probably afraid someone would walk off with it.

i know i would...

ZX-10R

Reaction score
None of my local stores had either phone.... The lady told me you wont see it displayed until the 6th..:mad:
I agree with New2u, just put a dummy one out at least so we can see if we like it...