Droid constantly switching from 3G to 1x

ultremann

Reaction score
I've been noticing recently that my phone would go from showing 2 bars on 3G to 1x in areas where it used to always get 3 or 4 bars on 3G. Is there a way to tell the phone not to switch over to 1x?

Unfortunately, the signal and reception were fine for me in the initial 30 days, but now when I can't return without an ETF charge, my signal is less than stellar. I've called support, done a reset, and did the 228 thing.

I'm not familiar with the whole rooting thing but is there anything you can do with that to help the signal?

tebo1955

Reaction score
Humm mine has been doing the same thing,and I have tried the same things you have but to no avail. so I will wait and see

bill12690

Reaction score
keep hounding verizon about it, they probably need to either have a service request, or ticket filed for you...

malaver

Reaction score
What was the fix?

I just got the Motorola Droid last week and I've noticed a switching from 3G to 1x, and in some cases no signal at all. It seems like it just fluctuates. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me worry. Hookbill, I'm interested in knowing what the fix from Verizon was for your case. Did they tell you what caused the issue and how they fixed it?

Jcook54

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing but only at my house. I just figured the signal was weak and there wasn't much I could do about it. I didn't think it was something Verizon could fix short of adding a new tower. I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Thanks for the info!