droid call volume

Dri94

Reaction score
Is there anyway to increase the volume of the droid handset? When recieveing a call the volume is so low its unbeliable. its like they didnt event test this before releasing the phone

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
I'm assuming you've already used the volume button on the side of the phone. If it still seems low, chances are it's defective. I can't even turn mine up all the way or it sounds like people are shouting in my ear.

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
This is just a suggestion, but have you tried moving the phone around in different positions over your ear to see if it gets any better? I ask this because I thought the same thing when I first got my phone. Then, I was talking to someone and tried moving the phone up a bit so that my ear was lower on the phone. This made a huge difference and it ended up being too loud and I had to turn it down. I guess my ear was too high and not directly over the speaker. Just something to try.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
D

Dri94

Reaction score
Its been this way with both the droid 3s ive had. i did try movin it. i had to use my headphones to hear people. thne it was way too loud, had to put it on the lowest volume. but i have seen this problem in ohter forums too

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Some ideas:
- update PRLs monthly by dialing *22899 and waiting for it to hang up
- turn on roaming
- turn phone to CDMA only mode (in USA)
- turn off voice privacy
- don't cup the bottom of the phone where the antenna is
- don't obstruct the noise canceling microphone(s?) with your hand
- new hearing aid battery. sorry, just kidding

Fr33dom

Reaction score
"- don't cup the bottom of the phone where the antenna is"

Why, does it turn into an Iphone if you do?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Just to get slightly more technical, you do know that you have to set the in-call volume while in a call, correct (I'm not trying to belittle here, just trying to be sure)? You might try sound manager v2 in the market just to be sure you are setting the correct value. it has separate sliders for each volume setting. Get the app here: https://market.android.com/details?...SwxLDEsImNvbS5yb296ZW4uU291bmRNYW5hZ2VydjIiXQ..

Considering you've had two successive phones with the same problem, I'd agree with the phone-to-ear-positioning issue mentioned earlier, and trying someone else's d1 or d3 to see if yours is just defective. Of course if you haven't tried, powering down and pulling the battery for a couple minutes is a good way to solve weird problems.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
"- don't cup the bottom of the phone where the antenna is"

Why, does it turn into an Iphone if you do?

ha ha, no nothing is as bad as an iPhone. I just meant to try not to block the antenna too much. I should have just asked if the OP is in a poor signal area or if the phone is ever louder in some places or at some times.

powering down and pulling the battery for a couple minutes is a good way to solve weird problems.

you must have owned a Blackberry. I NEVER pull my battery. I basically never need to. A reboot or shutdown/count to 10/boot always seems to be fine. This brings up a good point. Reboot your phone every few days. It seems to me that the D3 kinda needs that at this point.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
you must have owned a Blackberry. I NEVER pull my battery. I basically never need to. A reboot or shutdown/count to 10/boot always seems to be fine. This brings up a good point. Reboot your phone every few days. It seems to me that the D3 kinda needs that at this point.

Nope, and pulling the battery usually is not required so I'm not surprised you never pull it. Still, pulling the battery has solved the odd occasional issue on Android and so to my way of thinking, it deserves a place on the list of things to try when you're stumped with a weird problem. Especially if you're trying a restart anyway.

OP
D

Dri94

Reaction score
yea i know how to use volume keys, thats not it. i did the cdma thing, hopefully that works and my PRL is update. i did that two days ago. i dont think my device is deffective because my last two have had the exact same volume. and its not my ears because my friend couldn't hear anything while using my phone either. you have to lsiten really carefully to hera

darkmatter

Reaction score
You aren't the only one. I find myself adjusting my phone, making sure its aligned right, but its still quiet. My aunt returned her d3 because she had trouble hearing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dri94

Reaction score
You aren't the only one. I find myself adjusting my phone, making sure its aligned right, but its still quiet. My aunt returned her d3 because she had trouble hearing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

so i know these values must be able to be adjusted. does anyone know of what files control this?