Droid Browser Question...

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Hello...been lurking for a while and love the forum. Had a quick question. With the new update, every time I open the browser it takes me to google.com instead of my default home address. Anyone know why this is? kinda frustrating... Then I will go to the windows and there is about 6-7 google pages open each time. Any advise? Thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Try the time tested reboot of the device. Maybe even a batt pull to be sure. Reboot and see if that solves it.

I don't know why but maybe you have to reset your homepage? Shouldn't have to with the update but maybe that solves it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
might have to change your homepage again. I left it at google personally so i didn't notice the change but maybe they did

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Tried everything...it still opens up a new google page.

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Just did a battery pull, opened up the browser and google.com opened up instead of Boston.com that I have as the default home page. Frustrating!

andrewdoane

Reaction score
+1 too many windows open at a time... that happens to me all the time. I don't know how it happens. Sorry if this is a hijack.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I definitely advocate changing the homepage to either a fake address so the page loads immediately without any load-time or another webpage.

Why give Google infinite hits on their webpage for no reason when you may not be interested in going? They have implemented all their features on the operating system anyway, to give them infinite hits on their site because it is your homepage is irresponsible. Unfortunately most do not think like this.