Droid (Bionic) Does Impressive Quadrant Scores

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Gva4iqsjqqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gva4iqsjqqE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The new Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core smartphone chip is maximizing its potential by showing up in several of the new smartphones just demonstrated at CES, but one of particular interest to our forum members is the Droid Bionic. Because it's one of the most impressive Droids ever produced for now, we are all chomping at the bit to find out how well it performs, and initial Quadrant tests indicate that it is pretty ridiculous indeed. Check out those benchmarks in the video... it screams past nearly everything available right now to the tune of nearly twice as fast! My left eye is twitching I want one so bad...

Source: Androidcentral
by dgstorm

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sorry, but benchmark scores don't tell you the kind of experience you can expect on a device. They only tell you how the benchmark does. Still though, nice phone. Too bad it will most likely have a locked bootloader. that in itself turns me off. If only my DX was unlocked.

cpjr

Reaction score
Sorry, but benchmark scores don't tell you the kind of experience you can expect on a device. They only tell you how the benchmark does. Still though, nice phone. Too bad it will most likely have a locked bootloader. that in itself turns me off. If only my DX was unlocked.

Your right....unless your doing something that is graphic intensive it doesn't mean much.

It's just one of those "mine is bigger than yours" things :icon_eek:

leonozug

Reaction score
Wait till they optimize Quadrant for dual-core phones and the Bionic is running Gingerbread. You'll probably see a much higher score than that probably, I'm betting 3000 or better. Will be interesting to see!!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid does 1600 overclocked... I'm not particularly impressed.

Also you need to run quadrant a few times to get an accurate score.

jbdow

Reaction score
I'd agree, not that impressive to me either- like i said in another post-
i'm betting it's a year anyway before i see anything that wows me off
my d2gdancedroid

meepstone

Reaction score
Why are people saying they are unimpressed that the stock bionic is only marginally scoring higher than a OC'ed phone?

Doesn't that score blow a stock droid out of the water?

Only fair comparison would be a stock vs stock or OC vs OC.

I find it ignorant that some of you even make that the point of argument.

droidshot®

Reaction score
Why are people saying they are unimpressed that the stock bionic is only marginally scoring higher than a OC'ed phone?

Doesn't that score blow a stock droid out of the water?

Only fair comparison would be a stock vs stock or OC vs OC.

I find it ignorant that some of you even make that the point of argument.

Well said sir!!