Droid Bionic Airplane Mode??

RilKolsMom

Reaction score
I got my Bionic in June, and all of a sudden the little airplane in the corner shows up (like it's in airplane mode) and when I try to make a call it says no networks available, but when I go into take it off airplane mode, it says it's off.. and it doesn't do anything..

Help!

What did I do??

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if it is not in airplane mode than it sounds like a sim card issue.

useltonm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Have you rooted your phone? Flashed any roms? Are you on an ICS leak? Did the plane show up on it's own? Have you rebooted your phone to try fixing that way? Have you rebooted your phone.

What steps have you taken besides trying to toggle airplane mode?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
if it is not in airplane mode than it sounds like a sim card issue.

Going along with that, power the phone down and remove the sim card (you'll need to remove the battery and the external memory card), then reinsert it. Be sure to put it back in correctly.

useltonm has some good questions that may help in the diagnosis.

Tonik

Reaction score
Going along with that, power the phone down and remove the sim card (you'll need to remove the battery and the external memory card), then reinsert it. Be sure to put it back in correctly.

I would add another step in the above directions. After you remove the SIM put the battery back in and power it up. It will give you an error about no SIM card. Power back down and then put it back in.

OP
R

RilKolsMom

Reaction score
Reply:: Airplane Mode???

I have restarted phone, taken battery out, taken sim card out, talked to tech support on the phone and they said I need a new phone, but wont say why.. I think they just want me to get a new phone. I rooted the phone.. now I'm stumped!