Droid Battery life?

neodan

Reaction score
I'm thinkin on buying the droid, im curious what is the battery life on the phone? How often do you charge it? How often do you use it?

misaac

Reaction score
My battery life has gotten better since the update. I still charge it every night though. I do quite a bit of texing and browsing on it throughout the day and I'm usually at 30% battery life by the time I get in bed.

Jason

Reaction score
My battery life has gotten better since the update. I still charge it every night though. I do quite a bit of texing and browsing on it throughout the day and I'm usually at 30% battery life by the time I get in bed.
Same here. Browsing on the Internet and playin games are the biggest drains. Talk time on the phone is great though

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I charge mine every night and sometimes charge it in the car, dependent upon what I'm doing in the car.

I use the internet heavily on the phone and I like the streaming radio and podcasts. Both will drain the battery. So will using navigation heavily.

Using it as a phone really barely touches the battery. I'm pretty yappy, going though about 1800 minutes per month on the phone.

I've gotten more than one day out of the device, but I normally charge it overnight. It charges quickly, too.

will.anaya

Reaction score
I'm thinkin on buying the droid, im curious what is the battery life on the phone? How often do you charge it? How often do you use it?

a lot of it has to do with what is activated when you arent using the droid.

if you are at work, you shouldnt need the gps (unless your work is driving, but i digress) so you need to deactivate the gps. i often use this when driving to work locations outside of San Antonio.

not surfing the web? deactivate the Background Data (the Market will ask you to activate it and then take you to the proper screen to do so when you want to use the Market)

disable wi-fi too and dim screen

most of this can be done through the power widget. i do this because i am not allowed to use my phone during work (unless to accept a call from one of my area managers) and i have fantastic battery levels all day. then when i do find free time (during lunch or breaks) i text and what not to my hearts content and never worry about battery usage.

but if you are a person that uses all the power hungry apps all day, you still should be able to use the Droid all day and just charge it while you sleep

Weezy

Reaction score
I got the droid about a week before Christmas when I got home from school for Winter Break. I haven't put the phone down yet. At first I was just using it non stop surfing the web, texting, and just figuring out the phone. Lately, I have found some games and have gotten crazy addicted to them, and it drains my battery like crazy.

Basically, I am on the phone the entire day, litterally all day. Whether its talking, texting, surfing the web, radio, gps, or games. I am using it. When I get back to school and the semester starts up and I start my lacrosse season I won't be on it nearly as much, and Im sure I will be able to do with only charging it at night, but as of right now, due to the heavy use. I need atleast a full mid-day charge, as well as charging it at night.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
For talking and texting its amazing how little it uses. However, I like alot of people on here use the web and other features heavily throughout the day. I charge it every night and I end the day off at around 15-25% battery life left.
My day usually starts at 11am-1pm and ends at around 4am so basically 15+hrs of texting, talking, and web all day. Its surprisingly good considering all that I do.
I couldn't ask for more either!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

ness180

Reaction score
I usually go 3 to 4 days before I have to charge my Droid. I mainly use it to text and make phone calls. But I use the Facebook app constantly, occaisionally use the browser, and on a daily basis check my e-mail. Haven't used it to play games yet though...very tempted!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use it on and off all day - wi-fi always on along with gps etc...

I can go a whole day without a charge and be around 25%. But I do put it in my desk charger sometimes during the day and at the one near my bed all night long.

It's a terrific phone.

Reaction score
I'm an app maniac. I'm always playing with apps, going on the internet, finding new apps, etc and the thing hasn't died on me once. I charge it every night before I go to bed. Very good battery

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I couldnt go 2 days even with it on standby...

I usually go 3 to 4 days before I have to charge my Droid. I mainly use it to text and make phone calls. But I use the Facebook app constantly, occaisionally use the browser, and on a daily basis check my e-mail. Haven't used it to play games yet though...very tempted!

iPirate

Reaction score
Useless??? Redeem?? Wth are you ?? Whatev man

& no the batt life is not fine it's worse than all my blackberries ever, and there are countless complaints everywhere bout it.

Still love my Droid, & what it does, how it does it... (better than any other smartphone out there)
do you use your phone as a lamp all day?

battery is great, i have yet to come to the end of a day with a dead phone

i charge it each night, not always required

Last edited by a moderator:

asmallchild

Reaction score
Battery is slightly worse than my old BB storm but still more than enough to get me through a day.

With all smartphones, I charge overnight anyway. I purchased a cable for the car this time given how useful navigation can be. Would've gone with the dock but it was pricy for my tastes :)

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I can get a day and a half out of mine, but I charge it every night anyway because it's just more convenient.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ugh!

Gentleman...

I have cleaned this thread up of some of the argumenative or useless posts. Please try to make your posts meaningful and not just "this sucks *** :. It isn't helpful or needed. Thanks to the guys who tried to help also.

Thanks and have a nice day