droid auto sleep on unlock screen

Mozuna01

Reaction score
Ok i was curious and i wanted to know if all droids auto sleep on the lock screen after 7 seconds of inactivity without opening the keyboard or having it opened? I know it doesnt sleep if you open with keyboard then slide keyboard back in and have the droid vertical. but if you just turn on your droid from sleep while keyboard is in it will go back to sleep after 7 seconds. Is this like this for everybody? Because i dont remember it sleeping that quick and that was before i hacked returned to stock and then i was like i dont remember that.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah they all do that...although I do gotta say that after I installed Sholes 2.0.2 ROM it goes to sleep in like 3-4 seconds!! It gets kind of aggravating...

OP
M

Mozuna01

Reaction score
yeah they all do that...although I do gotta say that after I installed Sholes 2.0.2 ROM it goes to sleep in like 3-4 seconds!! It gets kind of aggravating...

Wow 2 or 3 seconds id be pissed. But with having rooted and custom rom cant you change that?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Get the app Widget Locker!

You can change the lock screen's sleep timeout setting with the app Widget Locker for the following settings:
- 10 seconds
- 15 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes

Not only that, you can load apps shortcuts and widgets onto your lock screen with Widget Locker! It also lets you put a wallpaper on your lockscreen that's different from your regular home screen wallpaper. You can also have the unlock slider look like an iPhone slider, a Sense slider, the stock slider, Widget Locker's own slider and also NO SLIDER (which allows you to set hard buttons or the back soft-key as the unlock!)

You can also CREATE YOUR OWN SLIDERS that map to apps or shortcuts!

I love it! There's a whole thread here on DroidForums dedicated to Widget Locker... the app's dev is also on here and is very responsive to suggestions to the app.

Here's the thread >>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/52809-widgetlocker-wow.html

dancedroid

Last edited: