droid apprentice question

sunshineman68

Reaction score
and II am new to this smartphone thing, have been looking for the past 1 1/2 years and have decided on the Droid. I see there are many things to learn about this phone, and now I am wondering why I clicked the link in the SD card & phone storage, because I have a notification" Turn off USB storage" and I don't remember turning on the USB storage, but I did click the button to mount/unmount my SD card. So I am wondering what does this mount/unmounting setting actual do? Right now the choice is "Unmount SD card" and it is grayed out, as is the selection below which says "Format SD card". I am thinking this means inactive or something like that because the rest of my choices are not grayed out. So I tried to look this up in the FAQs but could not find anything, so I guess I need someone to explain what this 'mount/unmount SD card' command actual does or doesn't do, also could what I have done interfere with phone calls?...............................Mike

JCo352

Reaction score
When you plug your phone to your computer, you mount the sdcard to exchange files from your card to the computer and vice versa. When you are done exchanging files, you unmount it.