Droid 4G compatible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowbomb7

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Droid will be 4G compatible when Verizons 4G network is made available in 2010??? :icon_question:

Corsairkid

Reaction score
I have read that it is not compatible, but that the only major difference between 3G and 4G is download speed, which isn't even a huge factor for cell phones.

skiahh

Reaction score
I have read that it is not compatible, but that the only major difference between 3G and 4G is download speed, which isn't even a huge factor for cell phones.

Well, that and the protocol (LTE) which, as I understand it is GSM vs CDMA.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The biggest factor is that you can do voice and data at the same time, while your getting a heck of alot better download.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
by the time 4g rolls out we will be ready for another upgrade (phone). :)

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
The answer is NO.

4G is the "Upgrade" from HSUPA, which is Upgrade to HSDPA.

HSUPA and HSDPA is supported by the droid but not aviable an a lot of citys.
4G will be having HIGHER download speeds as HSUPA and it will enable data while voice calls.

Greetz
Tigger

eddieonofre

Reaction score
Well, the 4G in Verizon will let us have the browser during a Call (Which can not be done with Verizons 3G)

Laurence5905

Reaction score
The answer is NO.

4G is the "Upgrade" from HSUPA, which is Upgrade to HSDPA.

HSUPA and HSDPA is supported by the droid but not aviable an a lot of citys.
4G will be having HIGHER download speeds as HSUPA and it will enable data while voice calls.

This post has confused me -- you say the Droid will not support 4G, but then you also say the 4G upgrade is called HSUPA, which the Droid DOES support.

So if Droid supports HSUPA, doesn't that mean it will automatically support 4G when it's available?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Apple didn't advertise the iPod Touch's bluetooth capability, they just enabled it with I think it was iOS 3.0.... just saying.

wingdo

Reaction score
Good lord, way to bring back a thread from the dead!

Yeah, i sent this via tapatalk. You got a problem with that?

harrellj

Reaction score
Apple didn't advertise the iPod Touch's bluetooth capability, they just enabled it with I think it was iOS 3.0.... just saying.

Big difference, the current phones (other than a few varieties) do not have the hardware internally to support 4G. This isn't even a case of advertising, since all parts are visible at sites like Motorola Droid Teardown - iFixit

Status
Not open for further replies.