Droid 4 Utility Root and Unroot!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Droid 4 users. Announcing another Root Utility this time its for your nice and shiny brand new device! You have had your device for just a few days if you are lucky and you got it on day one! We are already seeing a slight little bit of development for this device. We received a Root via DjrBliss on release day! Now thanks to DF member "Mattlgroff" we have the beginnings of an OFF THE CHAIN D4 Root Utility. So far this Roots, Unroots, Installs Vooodooo OTA rootkeeper, Installs the SafeStrap Recovery, It does a System Pull, Boots Into Fastboot, Boots into Stock Recovery, Adb shell, and Reboots the Phone. It would include a full Restore feature, but no FXZ files have been leaked as of yet! In all this tool is looking pretty Amazing.

fIBTr.png

Inuyashamish

Reaction score
Does anyone have a working link to any version of this utility. I need to unroot my phone to get the ICS upgrade, but I can't find any link that isnt dead.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You don't have to unroot to update to ics. If you are having trouble it's probably due to other changes you did. If you can't get it you can always fastboot to ics. Look in the d4 roms section fore the files.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2