Droid 4 Utility ICS Only

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This tool is based on the original D4 Utility with additions and rewrites by me. Doing any of this is at your own risk.

08/14 Tool Version now 2.0 !!! THE JUMP TOOL IS DEAD!!! No reason for this now that we have ICS Fastboot files.

08/31 Tool Version now 2.1 Here's what's new
10/25 Tool Version 2.2 corrected minor script error and updated to safestrap 3.05

1. Set of instruction included within the tool. Once you open the tool select menu 1 to display them. This is a .txt file so you must have some reader (I use notepad++).

2. Safestrap 3.05 (Thanks Hashcode)

3. Latest Superuser (3.1.3) and binary (3.1.1)

4. Restore to 6.16.217 ICS or upgrade a GB phone to 6.16.217 ICS with option to save or erase data

5. Unroot script - This will remove superuser, the su binary and busybox. However if you boot into recovery it will still indicate root or at least past root (qe display in recovery). Even a fastboot with data wipe will not reset this.

Where to download:
http://d-h.st/users/jsnweitzel

If you have trouble connecting your phone be sure you have the latest drivers installed from moto:
https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8302

Add the ICS fastboot file to the lite tool to run menu 11 or 12. Get it here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/list.php Then unzip it and add the files to the "files" folder of the tool.

Still contains the prior tool options. See the screen shot.

If you have trouble connecting your phone be sure you have the latest drivers installed from moto:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/78460/p/30,6720,8302

Use this tool at your own risk.

Last edited:

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Awesome!
Been waiting/watching for this all day today lol.
Any significant upgrades to .215 as opposed to .213?
Thanks for the utility man! Kinda wish I could develop so I can help create nifty things like this.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well chrome is built in now and some new task program, but I haven't used it.

Making the changes in the script isn't too difficult. Just understanding what the result will be is a little different. If you are on windows 7 click the top right of the pane (next to the ? mark) and select preview. Then you can see the whole tool script. You can also right click and then select edit with notepad. Just don't save any change unless you know what you are doing. You can just make a copy to tinker with and save the original. Or for easy fun...try this. Go in to the files folder of the tool, hold the shift key, then right click, select "open command window here" the type "adb" in the window. Up will pop all the adb commands, try typing "moto-fastboot.exe" there is all the fastboot commands. Fun huh! LOL.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Excellent! I will be busy tonight after work. Thanks for helping me on the other thread by the way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

redneckben

Reaction score
k I'm getting really agravated with myself but I need help, question is when i dL the 215 zip it finishes and i see a zipped folder and then the crc file, then i right click the zipped folder and open it and when it finishes there is no update zip i have no idea what im doing wrong please help

outsid0r

Reaction score
the zip with the crc file is the one u put on ur sd card, it doesnt say update.zip its got verizon and numbers in it

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The update file is name by moto as the version you are on. So it will read blur ....6.13.219....

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
" You will have to reroot after this and the su binary in the tool file is 3.0, the latest is 3.1 so update it in the app. This doesn't wipe any of your data, but if that is want you want then just do so in the stock recovery before you start."

Whats the importance of this? If we use Voodoo, do we need to worry any further? Or can I just utilize the root for ICS tool?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Voodoo will not work when going from leak to leak. The backup file is wiped out. Use the tool to root again, works just fine, but installs a earlier binary version. So just update the binary in the superuser app.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Well chrome is built in now and some new task program, but I haven't used it.

Making the changes in the script isn't too difficult. Just understanding what the result will be is a little different. If you are on windows 7 click the top right of the pane (next to the ? mark) and select preview. Then you can see the whole tool script. You can also right click and then select edit with notepad. Just don't save any change unless you know what you are doing. You can just make a copy to tinker with and save the original. Or for easy fun...try this. Go in to the files folder of the tool, hold the shift key, then right click, select "open command window here" the type "adb" in the window. Up will pop all the adb commands, try typing "moto-fastboot.exe" there is all the fastboot commands. Fun huh! LOL.

I'll have to mess around with this! Thanks for the tip!

mas11

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! Brought my DROID 4 up from .213 to .215 without any issues. dancedroid

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You only need the crc file if you are flashing from the cache in stock recovery. If you have a sd card (external) then just copy the file that is the zip named Blur....6.13.219.....