Droid 4 Not Booting

rougedemon

Reaction score
I was playing a game on my phone last night and passed out while doing so. I didn't have it plugged in to the charger at the time either. When I woke up I checked my phone and it wouldn't turn on. So I plugged it into the charger and let it sit for a bit and went back to turn it on. The charging screen didn't even come up when I pressed the power button. So I just decided to press it and hold it again to see if it would turn on and nothing happened. If you look at the picture it seems that maybe it overheated and melted those keys because I don't recall ever seeing those marks on my phone until this morning when I noticed it was not working.

If anyone has any intelligent input on this situation I would be very pleased. I wouldn't mind having to take a trip back to the Verizon store if I had to but if there is an easy fix I'd just rather do it that way. If you need any other information about the problem let me know and I can try to describe it in more detail. I can post a couple more pictures if I have to.

Please and thank you.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was playing a game on my phone last night and passed out while doing so. I didn't have it plugged in to the charger at the time either. When I woke up I checked my phone and it wouldn't turn on. So I plugged it into the charger and let it sit for a bit and went back to turn it on. The charging screen didn't even come up when I pressed the power button. So I just decided to press it and hold it again to see if it would turn on and nothing happened. If you look at the picture it seems that maybe it overheated and melted those keys because I don't recall ever seeing those marks on my phone until this morning when I noticed it was not working.

If anyone has any intelligent input on this situation I would be very pleased. I wouldn't mind having to take a trip back to the Verizon store if I had to but if there is an easy fix I'd just rather do it that way. If you need any other information about the problem let me know and I can try to describe it in more detail. I can post a couple more pictures if I have to.

Please and thank you.

the only thing i can think of is using a "factory cable"(not your stock cable) to charge it but from the look of those scorch marks i wouldn't waste my time with it and just go to vzw for a replacement.