Droid 3G & WiFi Behavior Pattern

Mikejl

Reaction score
I see a few threads lately about problems with 3G on their Droids. I noticed some consistant behavior on mine that I think other's may also be experiencing.

If I have WiFi connected, I lose my 3G connection. My phone continues to work perfectly and I don't drop any calls. As soon as I turn WiFi off, my 3G comes back strong.

My thinking Is that this is by design to save bandwidth on the 3G network.

Anyone else notice this behavior on their Droid?

Mike

radioz

Reaction score
Voice calls do not use 3G. So 3G going on and off has no affect on your voice calls.

tilly01

Reaction score
Hi mikej,

You recently made a post regarding the saving and reloading ringtones I could not find any responses to that note...Can you tell me if I can have and use different ringtones for different email accounts...Sorry this a little off subject but any help would help!...thanx....till01

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score
Hi mikej,

You recently made a post regarding the saving and reloading ringtones I could not find any responses to that note...Can you tell me if I can have and use different ringtones for different email accounts...Sorry this a little off subject but any help would help!...thanx....till01
Sure you can. I have a different ringtone for messaging, Gmail, and my Cox.net email account.

Just open each app -->press the droid's "menu" hard button --->select "account settings"

Then scroll if necessary until you see the "select ringtone" option.

:)

Mike

leeh48

Reaction score
Ringtones in contacts

Hi,

What I want to do specifically, as I had on my Blackberry, is have a ringtone I download from "Phonezoo" put on one specific contact. So when my wife calls me I know it is her without looking at the phone.

I want to do the same for co-workers, my brother, daughter, etc. Each with their own ringtone that I select and download from "Phonezoo" online.

Thanks
Leeh

MrTommy

Reaction score
Here is a great YouTube video that deals with importing ringtones into your Droid.

[video=youtube;iQtkp2eDMPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQtkp2eDMPM"]YouTube - How To Load Ringtones On Your Droid Android Phone[/video]

This guy makes it pretty darned simple. Hope it helps. Good luck. :)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Hi,

What I want to do specifically, as I had on my Blackberry, is have a ringtone I download from "Phonezoo" put on one specific contact. So when my wife calls me I know it is her without looking at the phone.

I want to do the same for co-workers, my brother, daughter, etc. Each with their own ringtone that I select and download from "Phonezoo" online.

Thanks
Leeh

Very easy to do....just go to each contact in your Contacts and assign whatever ringtone you want for them. The easy way is to create a folder called Media on your SDcard and in that folder create one called ringtones. Put your .mp3 files in there and your phone will list them as choosable ringtones.

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks
Leeh
Ok I do this too only I use Zedge for the custom ringtones.

Open your contacts --> select the contact you want to change the ringtone --> press the droid's "menu" hard button -->select "options"

You'll see two menu items, top one is "Ringtone".

Mike