Droid 3 soak test to start soon...

lextune

Reaction score
I can only pray this update fixes the camera and camcorder issues.....

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
People have reported that the leaked version fixes both the blue tint and start up time on the camera. I'd think this one would be very similar if not the same as that one.

joeyx2

Reaction score
There's a thread at xda that a guy says he got the email about the soak test but posted a pic of the last page asking/warning u about rooting.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Aiesline

Reaction score
I got an invitation to participate

Droid 3 Sept. 2011 update soak - registrationExit this survey

[h=2]Thanks for participating[/h]

Thanks for your interest in providing fast feedback about the upcoming Droid 3 software update.

Here's how it works.

> Several thousand 3 Global owners will receive the update. Only a percentage will be Motorola Feedback Network (MFN) members. If you sign up, your phone will be included.

> This is what we call a "pre-launch soak." We'll watch what happens for about two days, just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the update or the update process.

> You will be trialing FINAL software. This is not a beta test. In most cases, this is the software that will be released, unless we find an extremely serious issue. Your feedback will help us identify issues that may require a later fix, and help us prepare others for getting used to the new software. Your feedback will be extremely valuable and we do hope you will take part!

> When you receive the update, we would appreciate your quick feedback. You will be provided a link to a private community. All of your comments and questions should be posted there, and that's where we'll provide more information.

> We will also distribute one or more surveys to get your evaluation of the process and the software.

If this sounds good, please confirm that you wish to take part by completing this short registration form.

Thanks!

Trying to decide if I should.

dazoe

Reaction score
I got mine today, is it worth unrooting for?

Sent from my DROID3

lextune

Reaction score
Good news about the camera, nothing on the endless refocusing of the camcorder though?

Aiesline

Reaction score
I got mine arround 6 pm central. Trying to unroot now..........

gabeevans88

Reaction score
What time did you get your invite? I haven't received one and i'm a little pissed, signed up on july 8th.

I think its a big conspiracy moto & google have going on against you, they must be hiding something from you because they know you will reveal their secret to the masses:icon_evil:...lol

celtic11

Reaction score
In the email the other poster posted it said they run the soak test for a couple days assuming there is no major issues. Does that mean the OTA is right around the corner for the rest of us?

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
As long as there are no huge problems with the update, then yes, that's what it means.