Allstarj765

Reaction score
My droid is always rebooting, is any one else experienceing this
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Thanks but i took it to the verizon store and they said that it was apps that i was downloading that was causing the.reboots

Crushr1

Reaction score
My droid is always rebooting, is any one else experienceing this

I also had the same problem. My Droid 3 would reboot randomly, sometimes 5-8 times a day. I called Verizon and went all the way up to their tier 2 tech support. Their answer was finally to do a factory reset as well, but it never solved the problem. My phone continued to randomly reboot, but not as often.
After doing more research, I finally found a fix over at the Motorola Forums. This same topic was discussed in pretty good detail over there. Here is a post from Sholmes...

"The problem with "random" reboots has been documented as a bug in Android 2.3.4. The pattern is with loss of WiFi signal, sometimes while idle, sometimes when accessing an application but always loss of WiFi signal. Some people have relieved the issue by defaulting to factory settings and then not re-syncing with Google. While this does fix the issue, it's not hitting the real issue. If this is what you're suffering through, the cure is...

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Manage networks (all the way at the bottom) -> Manage networks options
At this point, you'll get a pop-up "Forget all networks" to which you want to answer "yes". This cured my phone immediately. I was suffering multiple reboots per day and haven't had one since. Issues of phones locking up and requiring a battery pull are unrelated. It's likely this will fix non-Droid 3 phones having seemingly random reboots."

All my reboots happened with the wifi turned “on.” Since I came from the OG Droid, when I initially setup my Droid 3 and it did a Google sync, it automatically added all the previous wifi networks that I had ever connected to.
Since deleting all of these networks and manually adding only the few networks I use the most, I have not had another issue with random rebooting!

I hope this helps! Here’s a link for more information.

Issue 18460 - android - 2.3.4 frequent reboots of android layer - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

spillner

Reaction score
Thanks but i took it to the verizon store and they said that it was apps that i was downloading that was causing the.reboots

They're full of crap. Factory reset, no syncing of apps and wifi settings and you will have no rebooting issues. Manually install everything.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wifes d3 randomly reboots 3-4 times a day and she has never connected to a wifi in the past 2 yrs with her d1 or d3. I don't think she even knows how to. And this is the 2nd phone. Sent first one back for this reason. So it gotta be more than the wifi and apps thing.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Its the D3 I took mine back the other day bc it wouldn't charge and I asked him while I was in there and he said just about all of them that he sold said they were doing the same thing rebooting and that verizon told them not to replace the phones for it anymore bc they were working on a fix

Rocky

Reaction score
I've had the D I, D II, D II Global and now the D III. All of them have rebooted pretty much whenever they felt like it. My D III does it whether on Wi-Fi or on 3G.

This has happened not way too oftenly, but quite constantly (probably once or twice every 2-4 days, at least).

Cheers

OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Well I figured out my problem, it was rebooting because of an app called antivirus that I downloded. I guess I wasn't thinking when I downloaded this app because I should of know that android phones have their own antivirus thing

BigKZ

Reaction score
Rebooting Droid3

I am now on my 2nd Droid3 and have ordered my third replacement. This device continues to reboot randomly. I have tried disconnecting wireless, bluetooth and removed some apps from the martket. It contiunes to reboot in the middle of calls and when just sitting on my office desk. This is very frustrating since my original droid was a solid player and has keep me from other brands. Sure hope we can get this resolved soon before I am forced to another phone or brand. Any one with suggestion I am all ears.

Reaction score
Have you done s factory reset. It worked for me. Zero reboots since

BigKZ

Reaction score
rebooting

I just did the reboot and formated my sd card it appears to have fixed the reboot issue for nnow My question is why didn't verizion suggest this. Instead they aer sending me my tird driod3. Crazy....

rvcjew

Reaction score
Cuz they are stupid.

So true lol, but on a serious note it is because when u factory reset you have to chose do not restore anything when in google sign up, u can however have backup device checked then u should be good. Its a software bug in 2.3.4 itself.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Army007

Reaction score
I turned off the global option for mobile networks and switched to cdma only mode which solvedthe problem for me.