Droid 3 Boot Loop - please help

Reaction score
i'm glad it worked out for you :)

EDIT: and you're now updated to 5.6.890! talk about killing two birds with one stone!

Last edited:

Ossoblanco

Reaction score
All is not lost. I had to deal with bootloop as well. Are you familiar with a program called rsdlite? I have version 5.5. It allows you to flash a factory fresh ..well.. everything on to your phone. So factory fresh, you gotta activate your phone again! I'm gonna need to find my files...
but in the meantime heres what i did
1.installed latest drivers, installed rsdlite, and downloaded the fastboot file for 5.6.890
2.power off phone
3.power on phone while holding up. This brings you to bp fastboot mode. On the screen it should say battery ok to program connect usb data cable.
4.plug in the usb cable. It should say usb connected. More on that later
5.in rsdlite, where it says '...' in a box, click that, look for your xml and press start. Let it do it's thing.
6. When the phones rebooting, right after it just turns off, press and hold x.
7. You'll see a droid and a triangle with an exclamation point. Or do you see the droid? I forgot. But that triangle is there.
8.press both volume keys at once. Wipe data, wipe cache partition. (Vol keys are up and down, power button selects)
9.reboot that sum*****

In my case, the usb cable didnt register on my phone. I had to run adb. Google up how to use adb. When i got there, i used the command 'adb devices' which didnt return anything on my computer. But it connected my usb!

I hope this helps... i'm just a forum lurker.. good luck!

edit: heres a link to everything you need from rootzwiki. credits all on that page.

Anybody know a program for mac that works the same as rsdlite? is it possible to just use terminal if my phone is rooted?